QSUD Problems?

Originally Posted by Starman2112
Absolutely nothing wrong with QSUD.

The only thing wrong indicated to me is we have some QSUD haters on here.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Happy 1000 posts Walter. How many years have you been uzin' Quaker State?

Since 2007. I bought a Hyundai SantaFe new and changed the factory fill out with it. I thought the engine sounded better with it. Have used it in all my family vehicles since. BTW I sold the SantaFe to a relative and it now has about 170,000 miles and runs like new.
And thank you for the 1K post recognition.

Last edited:
Now if we're talking about Quacker State, that stuff is about on the same plane as Mobile 1 or Castro
laugh.gif

A friend has had three Chevy's. They all had engine failures within the warranty period (Only failures he has had). Chevy factory fill is a Mobil Product.

Conclusion: Mobil oil causes engine failure within 36,000 mi of use.

That was a GM. Factory fill was Mobil. Issue solved. Case closed.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Gene K

Conclusion: Mobil oil causes engine failure within 36,000 mi of use.

Yup. It says it right there in the bottle.

Originally Posted by OilReport99
Originally Posted by 4WD
P66 is factory fill

Indeed.

GM doesn't buy Mobil Products anymore?
Learn something new everyday
Just replace Mobil with P66.
(Although I guess my F150 is now for sale).

Originally Posted by 4WD
Only Delvac and Mobil 1 for the more expensive vehicles

Kendall is as good.

I will say I predominately used QSUD or before that, Q Horsepower, in all my vehicles for ages. I was a sucker for the clear plastic bottles. I've since stopped buying it for no other reason than them discontinuing the clear bottles. Sounds foolish but that's how marketing works and it made me feel like it was MY brand of choice. It was something I could identify and connect with.
lol.gif

I did buy some 5qt jugs of QSUD on clearance maybe 4 years ago. I may go back to using it again exclusively again. QS is straight forward and to the point. Simple everyday pricing, and no nonsense repetitive oils. They have conventional, syn blend, high mileage, and full synthetic. No hybrid oils, truck and suv oils, start stop protection oils, or extended care oils *rolls eyes*. It's just oil, dang good oil as QS calls it, it's as simple as that.

Originally Posted by JustN89
Originally Posted by NormanBuntz
The OP is correct. That darned Quaker State stuff must be overloaded with paraffin.

Wow. What's it like being stuck in 1971?

Funny. I reminds me back to the mid 80's when I was working at a little service garage. The old guy that owned it at the time would say "Pennzoil is junk, I would never use it. It's got beeswax in it!".

I'm a QSUD lover - great synthetic oil at a good price point for most PFI passenger vehicles ... I have used in various vehicles with zero problems including a recent UOA which was just fine at 4K mile OCI .
I have only since switched to Valvoline Advance 5W30 in my Sonata 2.4L GDI engine due to the challenges of this engine which the Valvoline Advance synthetic currently addresses the best .

QSUD aficionado here , been using it for at least 3 years on my new and older vehicles.
Great price point and readily available is what draws me to it.
Always have a jug or two in my stash at all times.

Back