QSUD 0W-20 Blend dexos1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the acronym in the title for new members, but I was on Walmart's website and noticed Quaker State Ultimate Durability in 0W-20 as a "Synthetic Blend", with the dexos1 certification. Here's a link to the TDS from Shell.com:

http://www.epc.shell.com/Docs/GPCDOC_X_cbe_24855_key_140007601813_20130802170_9.pdf

Has anyone seen this out in the wild? Walmarts apparently have it, but I haven't been in one for a few weeks. This is the first time I've seen QSUD marketed as a blend.

It has a decent MRV and NOACK; the viscosity index isn't very high.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Cant say I have seen it. It has DEXOS approval so I am not going to buy it thought.

Good luck in finding it.

You aren't going to buy it because it has Dexos approval? Why is that?

Because of the GM royalty. If DEXOS was a one time flat fee for approval then I would have no issues purchasing a DEXOS approved product.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd

Decent MRV and correct on VI, but a 9% Noack for a synthetic is very good. For a blend? That's a great number.

Yes I see this semi-synthetic at My Wal-mart (south/central) Texas. Along with Full synthetic Quaker State 0-20. What I don't see is Castrol Edge 0-20, Only 5-20. I think Quaker State makes a very good product.I may use it in my Wifes 14 CRV, if I cannot find 0-20 Edge.(just my preference).

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HKPolice
QSUD full synthetic 0w20 is already one of the cheapest 0w20 out there, what's the point of a blend?

Yeah, this...

If it's a Quaker State Blend - then it can't be QSUD ...It has to be something else in the line up because all QSUD is Group III synthetic (no blend) .

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Sorry for the acronym in the title for new members, but I was on Walmart's website and noticed Quaker State Ultimate Durability in 0W-20 as a "Synthetic Blend", with the dexos1 certification. Here's a link to the TDS from Shell.com:

http://www.epc.shell.com/Docs/GPCDOC_X_cbe_24855_key_140007601813_20130802170_9.pdf

Has anyone seen this out in the wild? Walmarts apparently have it, but I haven't been in one for a few weeks. This is the first time I've seen QSUD marketed as a blend.

That's not QSUD. Just Quaker state blend as Chris posted.

I don't see this online at Walmart.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Because of the GM royalty. If DEXOS was a one time flat fee for approval then I would have no issues purchasing a DEXOS approved product.

Doesn't the API charge a per gallon royalty as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back