QSGB or PYB

Status
Not open for further replies.
was wondering This week I can get QSGB or PYB for 11$ for 5L (Wal MArt)
for my next OCI or stash . Running PP 5w30 over last 4 OCI.
I do mostly HWY 95% 22 miles per day. Over last year did 8900 miles avg OCI 3mos / 2000 miles. will now step up to 4MOS/3K miles.
this will also be my winter oil temps can get into -30 for winters.
what would be your sugestions as per oil? sump size is 3.5qts including filter /2004 hyundai accent. what would get me better MPG QS or PYB?
CAr is specd for 5-30 would it be ok go to 5-20 of ow30 for winter.

Thanks for checking out my long-winded question,
Cheers
Mike Z

Not much difference between them. QS is a longtime Pennzoil sister company and both are owned by SOPUS.

If the car is spec'd 5W30, then 0W30 is fine for winter (and preferable in our climate too).

-Spyder

No real MPG difference between them or really any other oil. Even going to 5w20 you'll never be able to discern any difference. If the motor calls for 5w20 go ahead and use it, it will give you a super slight increase in MPG but don't be disappointed when the number ends up being the same, it'll be that small.

I've used lots of both oils, could never tell any difference between them in any way, though PYB should be the better of the two.

Choose the color of the bottle you like best
grin.gif

If your engine is spec'd 5w30 stick with a 30 weight, so 0w30 would be fine.

Originally Posted By: webfors
grin.gif

In that case I choose GREEN!
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: webfors
grin.gif

I like the black Mopar bottle so Ill take the rebranded PYB.

Wait... What Gene K.? Mopar is rebranded PYB?! Same formulation with its legendary cleaning abilities and everything? Seriously??

(No sarcasm meant)
-A

Originally Posted By: ARMY_Guy
Wait... What Gene K.? Mopar is rebranded PYB?! Same formulation with its legendary cleaning abilities and everything? Seriously??

(No sarcasm meant)
-A

Don't know if it is the exact same formula, but it is a Pennzoil product.

Shell has the contract for both the Mopar Bulk Oil Supply Program and Prepackaged Bottles.

According to the tanker drivers from the distributor the oil comes out of the regular Pennzoil Bulk Tank which has been switched over to SN/GF5 for months now.

So at least in bulk it should be PYB SN/GF5. Im assuming the bottled oil is the same but could be mistaken.
Some caution is required on bulk as not all Dealers are participants in the Mopar Bulk Oil Supply Program.

PS Wonder if the new SN/GF5 had anything to do with the increase from 6,000 to 8,000 mile OCI from 2010 to 2011.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Gene K
Shell has the contract for both the Mopar Bulk Oil Supply Program and Prepackaged Bottles.

According to the tanker drivers from the distributor the oil comes out of the regular Pennzoil Bulk Tank which has been switched over to SN/GF5 for months now.

So at least in bulk it should be PYB SN/GF5. Im assuming the bottled oil is the same but could be mistaken.
Some caution is required on bulk as not all Dealers are participants in the Mopar Bulk Oil Supply Program.

PS Wonder if the new SN/GF5 had anything to do with the increase from 6,000 to 8,000 mile OCI from 2010 to 2011.
When did they switch over? I knew for some time XOM made their oils. Where do you find this Mopar oil at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back