QS3600 FIlter Cut Open

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Quaker State filter was on my buddy's Dodge Ram for a year and a half. The engine burns so much oil it just gets a continuous oil change from topping it off, but I finally pulled the filter off after all this time. This one has a glued seam, and I didn't see any tears in the paper:

ADBV still flexible? Thanks for the cut and post - I'm running 2 QS filters now and good to see they hold up.

IIRC these are a puro classic... it looks good considering the long oci
thumbsup2.gif
. thanks for the pics.

The PH3600 aka Purolator 20195 hasn't shown the symptoms of other filters tearing. Must be a tooling issue with smaller sized filters because the PH3600 filters are pretty generously sized.

QS filters are most similar to or same as PepBoys ProLine and jobber filters like Group7 and ProMotive. And while the QS3600 crosses L20195 on the Puro look up, it is more 3/4" shorter than the Puro equivalent. Downsizing to the smallest size is standard practice with jobber/quik lube filters. So comparison to taller L20195 previously posted here is not entirely accurate.

That said, similar to the Fram MicroGard (black can) posted by the OP, this QS took a beating and held up over the year and half fci and did it's job.

Thanks for the the pics and description of service.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Yes it's Purolator and should be about identical to the current Purolator classic offering.
From the looks of the media, and the ABSENCE of tears, looks better than a Classic to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back