QS Ultimate Durability 5W-30

jurko

Site Donor 2022
Found a good deal at my local WM on QS Ultimate Durability 5W-30 last 3 bottles on shelf for $13.96. [Linked Image]

QS.jpg

yep just got this deal online about a week ago....i definitely feel the more power in my non-hemi Hemi...

Originally Posted by Bud_One
I just bought the last 3 online.... grin2 It's now $17.97 @ Jug of 5 qts
Well Bud I got some QS ultimate from Home Depot for $18.97... not the greatest deal. Just a ok one. But it beats dealing with the World Champions of Wally world LOL

jurko

Site Donor 2022
Originally Posted by bbhero
Originally Posted by Bud_One
I just bought the last 3 online.... grin2 It's now $17.97 @ Jug of 5 qts
Well Bud I got some QS ultimate from Home Depot for $18.97... not the greatest deal. Just a ok one. But it beats dealing with the World Champions of Wally world LOL
When I got home around 10:30 from Walmart where I bought it for $13.96 I went on my store online and it was $17.97. Just checked 5 min. ago and it is $13.96 now for single. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Quaker-S...ll-Synthetic-Motor-Oil-5-Quart/177257743 Some price dancing for sure.

jurko

Site Donor 2022
Was looking for the latest VOA on this oil. All I could find was Ultimate Durability 0W-20 on ru oil-club tested in Oct. last year. This thing is loaded with Mo. Holy moly. [Linked Image]

QS 0-20.jpg

jurko

Site Donor 2022
Originally Posted by daves87rs
Tried to order 3 jugs....Walmart shut me down and cancelled the order....
Oh no. That's a bummer. The prices for this oil are all over the place on other sites, ranging from $19 to $30. After I bought last 3 jugs for $13.96 in store I was able to buy 3 more online several hours later for the same price after it dropped from $17.97. Something strange is going on with the pricing online. It says that the best value is 6 pack which comes out to $18.66 / each, but the price for single is almost $5 less.

For quite some time I was paying $17.97 on roll back at WM ... Regular price is $19 . QSUD is fine to run with say a 5K mile OCI ... *For GDI engines I now believe the best oil attributes (for the price) are now with Valvoline Advance Synthetic in 0W20 , 5W20 and 5W30 (as long as they don't change the recipe) . I pay between $21 and $23 at WM for it and it will exclusively go into my 2017 Sonata 2.4L GDI now .

Originally Posted by ChrisD46
For quite some time I was paying $17.97 on roll back at WM ... Regular price is $19 . QSUD is fine to run with say a 5K mile OCI ... *For GDI engines I now believe the best oil attributes (for the price) are now with Valvoline Advance Synthetic in 0W20 , 5W20 and 5W30 (as long as they don't change the recipe) . I pay between $21 and $23 at WM for it and it will exclusively go into my 2017 Sonata 2.4L GDI now .
Being both a Valvoline Advanced and a Pennzoil Ultra Platinum user, what made you decide to discontinue the PUP? My M.O. is to do a two-way alternate... PUP and Valvoline. I can't find a single thing wrong with any of these-2 in my GDI. So that's why I decided to alternate.... at least until we get more info on the SP recipes coming out. One of these oils has the proper Gokhan / Buster numbers for GDIs. The other has the best cleaning power. That tells me both oil brands are needed and best (in the mid-market pricing) for our GDIs. I cannot get on-board with Valv Modern Engine. Not until Valv tells us their secret cleaning ingredient, that doesn't show up in UOAs. I like the viscosity and Moly levels of Quaker State Ultimate. Rotella Gas & Truck too. Might use these-2 in our Kia MPI engine.

Last edited:
Hey 777: why don't I send you a few 5quart jugs of Valvoline Modern Engine 5w30 and you can use the UOA sample I kit I sent you on a VOA or UOA?

jurko

Site Donor 2022
Valvoline Modern Engine SAE 5W-30 5QT Case of 3 for $114 at WM and Amazon. That's around $38 for single compare to almost $50 if you buy just one. I doubt it's going to be a big seller, but who knows. Some people believe in all kinds of marketing fluff. It's a lot of money unless there's some proprietary stuff in it that promises miracles in GDI engines, but I doubt it. VME was on my radar, but because the price was so high and some reseach I did on both I eventually got QS Ultimate Durability 5W-30 with very good numbers for less than half price. [Linked Image]

QS.jpg

Last edited:
Many stores discontinued the Modern Engine. It's been around for about three years now. I would try VME. But not until it carries some proof that it warrants a 40% price hike over Valvoline Advanced..... based on Walmart pricing for both.

FWIW Valvoline has still not updated the Modern Engine PI sheets to show it meets SP/GF-6A like the rest of their line of PCMO's.