QS Q-HorsePower spec

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.pzlqs.com/Tech/Pdsheet/QuakerState/EngineOils/pdf/QHorsepowerFullSynthetic.pdf

I have been looking for this and today it came up on the QS site.

Aside from the 10W60 which by it's very grade stands out, the spec's on the 5W40 put this in the "Euro" class.

ACEA A3/B3/B4-04. Porsche, Ferrari, Maserati approved, pending approvals for MB 229.5, BMW LL-01, VW 502/503.01

Lower weights now meet ~ same Euro spec's as (non-Euro) PP.

I 'suspect' the base stock on Q-HorsePower was changed to be consistent with PP.

I just picked up 5 qts of the Q-Horsepower @ PepBoys this afternoon. Mainly due to the rebates. Should be free after rebates.

Quote:

Aside from the 10W60 which by it's very grade stands out, the spec's on the 5W40 put this in the "Euro" class.

ACEA A3/B3/B4-04. Porsche, Ferrari, Maserati approved, pending approvals for MB 229.5, BMW LL-01, VW 502/503.01

if they actually offer the 10w60 here, they will make a killin with the euro luxo crowd. .esp. since the Castrol 10w60 is not attainable via regular retail channels in the US.

According to the MSDS this oil is made with "synthetic hydrocarbon" base oil.

Sounds good, unless Group III is included in that description.

dunno.gif

Isn't this stuff just re-labeled Shell Helix Ultra?

That would explain the commercials claiming that it's Ferrari oil, as well as its availability in 10w-60...

If that's true, then the 5w-30 and 5w-40 are Group III (XHVI), and the 10w-60 is PAO.

I can't fathom SOPUS using a different base stock for all the Q-synthetic oils and PP...

Q-Advanced
Q-Torque
Q-Horsepower

Is Johhny still around to help us out with some inside hints?

FWIW, the 5w30 Q Horsepower has the exact same UPC code as Q Advanced 5w30. Horsepower has to be replacing Advanced in at least the 5w30 grade. Nor sure about the other grades.

Plant/date code stamps on my recent buys:

PP 15W50 HPLA 02156
Q-Torque 10W40 SOCOA 113006
Q-HP 10W30 HLPV 052407 (the V is not typo)

Someday I may understand what QS is doing.

Well, when you guys figure out what Quaker State is doing, let me know. They have changed the name so many times on their synthetics that I cannot keep up with it.

It is not the same basestock or additive package as Platinum. This I do know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back