QS or Super Tech syn oil for a few cent diff in price at W-M

Shell tried selling their own branded PCMO for decades. They never could crack the top tiers. It cost them almost $3 billion, but they picked up over 1/3 of the US market share when they bought Pennzoil and Quaker State. I don't think they're going anywhere.
I used to buy it at Costco. Really good for the price IMO.

I am a magnatec fan but at that point it is 35ish percent more expensive. If they buy a couple jugs that can add up.
Even at 2 jugs, oil changes every 5-7.5k, you're talking less than $100 more in 100k of driving. If $100 in 100k miles of driving is going to make or break the bank for someone, I don't know what to say to that.

Even at 2 jugs, oil changes every 5-7.5k, you're talking less than $100 more in 100k of driving. If $100 in 100k miles of driving is going to make or break the bank for someone, I don't know what to say to that.
I like Magnatec , Quaker State is a very close second and Vavoline a very close third.

In 5w20 I'd go QUSD as well. Better TBN by far, much lower NOAK and a good shot of moly.

I think he'd be pleased with either decision. I use the Stupertech in the 5w-30 synthetic variety in my (used to be mine) elantra, and now my 2021 Tuscon NA 2.4L. Just bought the wife a 2021 KONA with 1.6T, not sure of what I'm gonna use in there yet.

I think he'd be pleased with either decision. I use the Stupertech in the 5w-30 synthetic variety in my (used to be mine) elantra, and now my 2021 Tuscon NA 2.4L. Just bought the wife a 2021 KONA with 1.6T, not sure of what I'm gonna use in there yet.
Yeah, I've got ST in right now for another 1000 miles of so. I have NAPA up next which will see me well into the spring. I usually begin to watch for sales as soon as I do an oil change.

Right now I still am working through my stash of a variety of different synthetics from the Autozone clearance sale from last year (RGT, QS, Valvoline), but once I’m done with that (could be this time next year), I’ll go a steady diet of QS or ST, depending on price. I have used both in the last and they both seem like fine oils for 5,000 mile oil change intervals.

Part of me still wants to bring myself to trying an extended interval using one of those 15,000 mile oil, or Amsoil...but I just can’t convince myself to try it.

Back