QS Horsepower 5W-30, 6936mi, 2000 Hyundai Elantra

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first UOA and my first post. I'd love any insight on the UOA. It looks like a pretty boring UOA to me (which is a good thing). I am curious as to why they noted silicon, but ignored molybdenum, copper, and sodium. They all seem to have about the same range of deviating from the universal averages.

Some more details:
The Elantra has about 106,000mi on it - all OEM parts.
The oil was collected via dipstick tube with a pump roughly 5.5 months after the last oil change.
It had a Purolator air filter and the cheapest oil filter from Carquest.
I drive pretty gently and live in a rural area so even though this is my daily driver most of its miles are on 55mph highways.
It did get to see some cold Iowa winter though, but minimal hot summer so far...
55.gif

oh62l5.jpg
2AA036rDGAQ-MNz6G6c3gg

Last edited:
Not a bad run at all. I wouldn't worry about anything here, and if you want, you could probably stretch this out to 8-9k miles per run.

You flashpoint is a little low, probably because of some fuel in the oil. It hasn't hurt viscosity at all - still well within the 30-weight range.

This did great in your vehicle. Normally, the TBN doesn't show well in most cases, but it did VERY well in your situation.

Thanks for all the comments/advice so far.

A question for those recommending a longer mileage interval:
I'd never drive 8-9k in 6 months, is it okay to stretch the months on my OCI as well as stretching the miles a bit? (and, is there any part of the UOA that should be indicative of how much longer in time you can go?)

I like 6 month ocis Fall and Spring. 4500-5000 for me. 7,000 max oci. Save your uoa money.

For $2 more at Wallmart, I'll stick with the PP. I was using Q for awhile, but switched back to PP this last OCI.

I wouldnt worry about the Silicon at 12ppm. I just posted up a UOA today with 12ppm and Blackstone didnt even mention it! Different vehicle though.

I also have a 2005 Elantra, with 4 UOA's to date. My numbers are a little better than yours, but I only have 35k miles now and it is 5 years newer than yours. When I get to 100K, I would be pleased to have the numbers you put up.

Is this the new Ultimate Durability oil?

Syn oils are good for a year.

You don't have to stretch it out but if you want to save a little cash you could. If 6 months works good for you than stick with that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back