QS Euro 5W40 is back?

I still have 3 jugs left from the great QSUD Walmart clearance I picked up for $10 each. Agree that it's definitely the best bang for the buck for Euro oil at Walmart. So far I haven't used any oil in the last 3 OCI"s with it.

This will likely be what goes in the EcoD as soon as the factory fill has done its job. Nice find!

This will likely be what goes in the EcoD as soon as the factory fill has done its job. Nice find!
Pretty much the only oil that's approved that you can find, without paying a fortune for individual quarts, and with the way FCA/Stellantis has change the recommended oil several times over the years, first they required a fiat approval that was essentially ACEA C3, then they said use Cummins approved CK-4 oil, then they landed on using oil that meets MS-12991, which is a little weird as it's still a full SAPS A3/B4 Euro oil on a vehicle with a DPF although the as is lower at 1.13% compared to some other "full SAPS" Euro oils, but it's what they say to use and these engines are notorious for all kinds of problems so I'd only used the approved oil in case you have an warranty issues come up.

Pretty much the only oil that's approved that you can find, without paying a fortune for individual quarts, and with the way FCA/Stellantis has change the recommended oil several times over the years, first they required a fiat approval that was essentially ACEA C3, then they said use Cummins approved CK-4 oil, then they landed on using oil that meets MS-12991, which is a little weird as it's still a full SAPS A3/B4 Euro oil on a vehicle with a DPF although the as is lower at 1.13% compared to some other "full SAPS" Euro oils, but it's what they say to use and these engines are notorious for all kinds of problems so I'd only used the approved oil in case you have an warranty issues come up.
I did a lot - I mean, a LOT - of reading on these EcoD's and it seems that this latest gen engine has been mostly redesigned to cure the problems of the past two versions. Of course, new parts and designs come with new problems, so until people have racked up mostly trouble-free miles on them we won't really know.

It is a brand-new truck (my first pickup too) and I plan on keeping my 5yr/100k mi powertrain warranty intact. Perhaps I should start its own thread... Anyway, the QS Euro stuff will be going in as soon as I dump the factory fill, or in about 3-4k miles.

Just recieved my order from Walmart. I got 2 jugs with the UD label.

Attachments

• 20220811_121821.jpg
    20220811_121821.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 29
I just saw Mobil 1 at Walmart.com 3 pack of 5 qt jugs for $25. I guess that's a pricing error but a better deal than the QS for a solid 5W40 for sure!

As seen in the wild at my local Walmart. $21.48. Also quarts for $5.49.

Attachments

• 3E66633D-6E1D-4564-970F-DDEC6F87C6E3.jpeg
    3E66633D-6E1D-4564-970F-DDEC6F87C6E3.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 15
Still shows at mine. I should buy it to see this actually works.

Just saw yesterday the Walmart I usually go to had about 10 jugs of this oil back on the shelves as well. Even though there is no more “spot” for them. Wonder if they’ll throw them back on clearance in a month again? *fingers crossed they do haha

Back