QOTD: Will you view new vehicles built during the pandemic differently?

I don't know why, but I'm a magnet for these. I spend more time doing captchas than doing the task I need to do. I will definitely avoid this site if it plagues me like NAPA's website does. They're the worst IMO.

Who thought it was a great idea for the human to prove to the robot they're human instead of the way it should be: the robot trying to prove to the human they aren't a robot.
Well, I definitely posted this to a different topic. Not sure how it ended up here. Ignore. Been having a lot of issues with this site lately...

Not directly related to quality control issues, but I would prefer to avoid buying in a market with constrained supply. The implied threat of walking away from a deal doesn't carry much weight when the car lots are half (or more) empty.
My Ford Dealer has 24 vehicles in stock as of Wednesday.

My Ford Dealer has 24 vehicles in stock as of Wednesday.
I went to my Hyundai dealer for a free oil change couple weeks ago and the lot next door that is usually packed with new vehicle's was about 25% full.
The salesman I know there said they sold 83 vehicles in July and got 52 new ones to restock.
I might be off on the numbers but they are close.
They are selling more then they can get right now.

Recession: people cut corner because they don't want to lose money.
Boom time: people cut corner because they want to make money faster.
Stable time: people get laid off to improve profit as product mature.
Unstable time: people get laid off to reduce business risk.

Now tell me when is a time that companies will build good product and not cut corner?

Back