Qauker State Ultimate Durability (Synthetic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OceanRocket24,

My truck is what I drive only on the weekends so during the regular work week it sits it the garage. I make sure it's driven/simulate close to what the same miles (120 miles)I drive to work and back home every weekend.

I do this for other reasons. It keeps the tires in good working order and to circulate the anti-freeze through out the engine.

I just put 4.4 qts of QS UD in my Acura TSX. I drained Mobil Clean 5000 that only had about 3k miles on it. My initial impression is that the QSUD makes the car much easier to crank on cold mornings.

I know "cold" is relative, but we have had some mornings here in NC were it has been in the high teens. The QS UD definitely makes the engine easier to crank. I like it so far. I am planning a 5-6k OCI and then a UOA. I will use the Maintenance Minder and drain when it is down to
At $18 for 5 qts ... you can't beat the price. Castro GTX is $14.50. PP and M1 are $23 and $23.50. I think this oil might be a great choice for someone who wants the benefits of synthetics and does not plan extended OCIs. QS is part of SOPUS .... so it has strong R&D and manufacturing support behind it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Durango
OceanRocket24,

My truck is what I drive only on the weekends so during the regular work week it sits it the garage. I make sure it's driven/simulate close to what the same miles (120 miles)I drive to work and back home every weekend.

I do this for other reasons. It keeps the tires in good working order and to circulate the anti-freeze through out the engine.

Yea, my Dad only brought up the oil getting stirred around and hot, but he didn't mention those points you made. I think it is a good idea! Thanks Durango

Originally Posted By: Nyquist
Group III with a Lubrizol additive package.

Is this a moly based package or a sodium based package (Ultimate Durability Synthetic)?

I just bought 5 quarts of the QSUD today ($18 at my local WM).

Ive been running Valv. Synpower 5w/30 for about 3 years now in our Saturn L300 (3.0 DOHC v6). Looking forward to seeing how the engine responds to the QSUD.

Side question: Does anybody know if there are any rebates available for the QSUD? There was a $10 MIR, but its expired...

I am really liking the way the QS UD seems to be running in my Acura. I picked up another 4 x 5 qt containers. I should have a UOA ready in about 6-8 weeks. At $18/container it is a really good deal

OceanRocket24,

I couldn't tell you either way. All I know is that Quaker State "Q" is good stuff and have no issues running it in my truck or car if my normal M1 isn't available. Besides I beleive it's a little cheaper than M1 but appears to do just as good.

If your kinda tired of experimenting with different brands of synthetics then I'd just choose "Q" as my standard.

Persoanlly I use M1 as a standard is because the "Q" isn't available in my trucks weight sometimes (5W-30). Maybe it's because more people use it!!!!

Durango

OceanRocket24,

I couldn't tell you either way. All I know is that Quaker State "Q" is good stuff and have no issues running it in my truck or car if my normal M1 isn't available. Besides I beleive it's a little cheaper than M1 but appears to do just as good.

If your kinda tired of experimenting with different brands of synthetics then I'd just choose "Q" as my standard.

Persoanlly I use M1 as a standard is because the "Q" isn't available in my trucks weight sometimes (5W-30). Maybe it's because more people use it!!!!

Durango

Good to hear a success story with the Quaker State synthetic! I like choosing popular oils because it makes me believe that they work better......but obviously that is not the case, haha!

Originally Posted By: OceanRocket24
OceanRocket24,

Durango

Good to hear a success story with the Quaker State synthetic! I like choosing popular oils because it makes me believe that they work better......but obviously that is not the case, haha!

He said there were no issues running it. If that's your benchmark of "works better" then why even use synthetic in the first place?

It's weird - up here, QS syn oil hardly ever go on sale. It's always PP that is on sale. Weird since PP is the 'better engineered' product......

Right now I am using Quaker State Q Torque Power is there much deferent’s in that then Quaker State Ultimate Durability.

Andy

Quote:
He said there were no issues running it. If that's your benchmark of "works better" then why even use synthetic in the first place?

I am assuming that if there were no issues, and had synthetic like properties, that perhaps that would be something I want to run. It is the cheapest "well known" brand. I just wanted to hear that someone is liking what they see and feel for the price they have payed.

Originally Posted By: [email protected]
I just bought 5 quarts of the QSUD today ($18 at my local WM).

Ive been running Valv. Synpower 5w/30 for about 3 years now in our Saturn L300 (3.0 DOHC v6). Looking forward to seeing how the engine responds to the QSUD.

Side question: Does anybody know if there are any rebates available for the QSUD? There was a $10 MIR, but its expired...

how do you like synpower?

bought quakerstate syn when the 10 mir was on. Going to put this in the tsx in about 1000 miles. We'll see how it compares to synpower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back