Q-State Hi-HP Syn Blend factory fill GT500E

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just picked up a quart of the Quaker State 10w-30 Synthetic Blend for High horsepower Engines " what a mouthfull "
smile.gif
so I could post a VOA of this PAO Blend and read on the label where it is the Factory Fill for the new coming Shelby GT-500E .

It's not listed on the website that I could find but it is interesting since I doubt they would put a subpar engine oil in that thing .

Has anyone heard something to the contrar ? Is anyone on the forum using it ?

http://www.pzlqs.com/Tech/Pdsheet/QuakerState/EngineOils/pdf/SyntheticBlendMotorOil.PDF

From the MSDS, notice the long winded name for PAO's, why can't they just say PAO 10-20%

Component, CAS No., Weight Percent
HEAVY PARAFFINIC SOLVENT DEWAXED
DISTILLATES,
64742-65-0,
HYDROTREATED HEAVY PARAFFINIC
PETROLEUM DISTILLATES,
64742-54-7,
1-DECENE, HOMOPOLYMER, HYDROGENATED 68037-01-4 10 - 20 %

DETERGENT/INHIBITOR SYSTEM MIXTURE, 5 - 15 %VISCOSITY INDEX IMPROVER MIXTURE, 5 - 10 %
POUR POINT DEPRESSANT MIXTURE,
[ January 23, 2004, 09:21 PM: Message edited by: Bob Woods ]

If you compare product data sheets for 10W-30, this oil does not appear to be any better than Pennzoil 10W-30 dino. What am I missing?

I think QS makes fine products, but I wonder if others don't offer more bang-for-the-buck?

quote:

Originally posted by novadude:
If you compare product data sheets for 10W-30, this oil does not appear to be any better than Pennzoil 10W-30 dino. What am I missing?

I think QS makes fine products, but I wonder if others don't offer more bang-for-the-buck?

Other members can probably better answer your question but here is my attempt .

In these newer tough on oil engines the group II/III blends have demonstrated superior VI and TBN retention at over 3k miles over conventional oils. The ones I speak of are - Q-State 4x4 Blend - Castrol Syntec Blend and Valvoline Durablend .There are analysis here on those .

Schaeffers is a PAO Blend and several analysis's here clearly shows it's superiority over the less expensive OTC dinos's .

PAO , even 10% in formulation is enough to really change the cold weather performance and bolster Hi-Temp performance . This Q-State is unlike it's 4x4 Blend sibling and uses PAO which should be superior in the end .It's not an Energy Conserving oil so the extreme cold performance deficiency although not much is offset by better longetivity in summer heat or extreme use .
When an oil does not get beat up as bad during an interval it's better in the long run due to the residual contaminating the new and other factors that occur. I would rather have a syn blend as residual after 5k than plain SL GF3 dino as residual , the motor will stay cleaner time after time after time and not dillute the new oil as bad .

These oils cost more and theres a reason for it . Not starting a debate though as theres an oil for everybody and everyone has different thoughts on how they spend their money .

Rule of thumb is if it costs more , your getting a better product and the typical data sheets does not tell of the quality of the VII's and other components in the formulated make-up .

[ January 24, 2004, 07:59 AM: Message edited by: Motorbike ]

Yes that's group I . The remainder besides the PAO and probable higher amount of blended base oil than group I is group II , just not more than 70% of either of the two lower groups .

More often than not the MSDS's are general and not pin point accurate as to the exact amounts used .

Don't fear some group I in the formulation of some lower cost oils . The Mobil Delvac 1300S uses at least some and it's very good stuff
wink.gif

[ January 30, 2004, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: Motorbike ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back