q power full syn 4x4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was able to get qpower full syn at our local walmart for $12.00 for the five quart jugs.it is 5/30 but it says for 4x4s.would this be ok to use in my two sonatas a 2.7 and a 3.3 v6s ?

yep! I used the semi synthetic version of the Q 4x4 a few years ago, and it worked great. Its just a slightly stronger add pack compared to the usual mix as far as I know. It'll be fine for use in the cars as well.

The Q Horsepower/Torquepower/4x4 SUV, etc., etc. are all marketing ploys. I highly doubt there is any major difference between them except different additives and their ratios. It'll be fine to run in your Sonata. I scored a bunch of Q Torquepower quarts for $2-2.50 that will be run in my Kia and Honda.

The base oil did have some differences on the old sheets, i.e. the "Horsepower" syn generally had a lower pour point (on par with Penn. Platinum) than did the Torquepower...

Last edited:
 Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
The base oil did have some differences on the old sheets, i.e. the "Horsepower" syn generally had a lower pour point (on par with Penn. Platinum) than did the Torquepower...
That may make a difference to someone, but not so much in my neck of the woods.

PT1

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
True: The pour point on the QHP is about 10 degrees lower than the QTP. But the TP is still at -23F which is no problem for me beacuse it rarely gets below -10F here. Then again, now that I have many jugs of TP it we will probably set -35F records next Winter...

Last edited:

KW

Originally Posted By: ernied
i was able to get qpower full syn at our local walmart for $12.00 for the five quart jugs.it is 5/30 but it says for 4x4s.would this be ok to use in my two sonatas a 2.7 and a 3.3 v6s ?
Yes it will be just fine to use the oil you bought. Sorry for the 4X4 comment, I just couldn't help it.

Status
Not open for further replies.