Q Horsepower - initial impressions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like many of the other people on this board, I am taking advantage of the $18 Q Horsepower with $10 rebate. I changed out the oil in my Kia 2.4 today and installed the Q Horsepower 5w-30 along with a Wix 51334. I normally use Mobil Clean dino and the OEM filters, so it will be interesting to see how this does.

First of all, this oil smells different. It doesn't smell like any other oil that I have ever tried, and I have used most of the major brands out there along with several synthetics. It just has a strange aroma.

But, I put that aside and dumped it in. The butt dyno says that the engine is running smoother with it in. Other than that I haven't noticed any big differences. This engine is sensitive to oil filter type used, so I will be listening for signs of any start up rattle, if there is, I will switch back to the OEM filter as I have a couple more lying around.

Anyone else have any observations on this oil? I couldn't find a VOA.

I just bought (8) 5qt jugs. I did the oil change in my wifes car and installed a WIX.

I can tell Zero difference now than what I just took off/out of it. A PureOne and Penz YB.

I have Q Horsepower in the 2005 Corolla(also a sale). The car runs good, but for some reason, seemed to run smoother on PP. Of course that doesn't mean anything really.

I keep all track of my gas mileage on a spreadsheet, and I can actually say there appears to be a slight improvement in mileage using 5w-20 QTorque synthetic.

I never have observed any difference using any oil in the past. I do not know whether this is a fluke or perhaps whether it relates to the gas formulations I have been using. (I try to avoid gas that contains ethanol but I am not too picky about this.)

I have no idea whether the Quaker State synth is partly responsible for the slight (< 2%) mileage increase or not. I certainly would never have expected any difference.

The 5W-20 I have smells like Pennzoil Platinum, but not quite as strong.

It's going to be a long time before I actually get a chance to use the 5 quart jug I bought.

I tired the "Q" once in my 01' Durango V-8 and it appeared to run smoother than my usual Mobil 1. I'm no scientist but it 's a fine oil to use all year round if I had too. I too much of a M1 lover.

Durango

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back