PZ-28 C&P

Car was a 90 Caddy Devile with 155k. Runs great
Dont know what oil was in it. Filter looks puro made and decent. Couple wavy pleats, no tears. Installed a Purolator but it doesn't have a ADBV, but on these engines some filter numbers do or don't. Used Coastal 10w40 SB. Enjoy!!!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Originally Posted by kstanf150
1st Pennzoil brand filter I recall seeing posted here

Thanks for the pics !

I've posted some of em' before

Thanks OP for c&p
smile.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
Originally Posted by kstanf150
1st Pennzoil brand filter I recall seeing posted here

Thanks for the pics !

I've posted some of em' before

Thanks OP for c&p
smile.gif

Well dang I missed em
I'll have to search back
Thanks 53' ðŸ‘

My Mother had a mint '89 Coupe Deville.

4.5L Aluminum V8 with throttle body F. I.?

Comfortable and Nice driving FWD car. Unlike garbage today.

That engine wants 5W30 NOT 10w40. to run right.

BTDT and dumped the 40.

Thanks for the c&p.

And I KNOW I owe a c&p pf Honda Japan OEM filter cut and paste form my Japanese Honda FIT 1.5L .

Started to do it months ago then broke my dremel.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by mpack88
Yall welcome. I never seen one before either. Wonder where they got it from?

Probably done at a Pennzoil quick lube. One near me that does a great job and vacuum and checks all fluids baseline oil change for $24.99

10w40 is NOT going to hurt a thing and cap says 10w30. If you read the caddy forums when the miles get high in these engines you'll hear a slight thud at idle. That's the main thrust bearing and to silent it they recommended a thicker grade. Some even put 20w50 in these. That's to thick for even me. Car runs fine in it. Probably shear down to a 30 anyway. Engine is a 4.5L with MPFI. She's strong to. If I not mistaken these engine where weird and aluminum block with iron heads. Its similar to the HT4100 engine.

Originally Posted by Jackson_Slugger
Who makes PZ filters? I think they used to be Purolators...

Yup, still are purolators

Originally Posted by mpack88
10w40 is NOT going to hurt a thing and cap says 10w30. If you read the caddy forums when the miles get high in these engines you'll hear a slight thud at idle. That's the main thrust bearing and to silent it they recommended a thicker grade. Some even put 20w50 in these. That's to thick for even me. Car runs fine in it. Probably shear down to a 30 anyway. Engine is a 4.5L with MPFI. She's strong to. If I not mistaken these engine where weird and aluminum block with iron heads. Its similar to the HT4100 engine.

I didnt say ot would hurt it, it makes it sluggish and throws away bottom Torque.

Big issue with these is coolant wearing through the back of the block behind the trans bellhousing.

Sometimes its best to just drop the subframe to work on it.

It feels the same to me. Of course I don't know what was in it before. This car is actually very stout. Loads of torque. I also got the pellets in the cooling system. No leaks.

Back