PWC two cycle marine oil vs ordinary outboard 2 cycle outboard oil

I have this bottle of PWC Synthetic two stroke marine oil. I might throw it in my tank on my boat with a 115 HP Yamaha two stroke. By the time it’s diluted by 50 to one I can’t see that it would matter at all. Any comments from the PWC folks or two stroke crowd? Thanks.

A5CDDB16-317F-453C-8004-25E593E82E7F.jpeg
E4141505-5C2D-4B82-BC0F-D8EB4BA46C7D.jpeg

PWC engines work harder than all other marine engines, so they require the best oil.

That being said…… The best synthetic marine oil, designed for the most demanding of all marine applications…… Will run perfectly fine in anything else

I'd save it for weed whackers or a disposable chainsaw.
Nothing wrong with Yamalube or Maxima 927 for an engine you want to use year after year.

There is a question why manufacturers of 2 cycle PWC equipment did not bother with TCW3 specs and went instead to JASO FD. Some info out their says TCW3 was about bio-degradability. Also perhaps going to no ash of TCW3 vs reduced ash caused performance issues that the PWC manufacturers disliked.

In any case Seadoo made their last two stroke PWC in 2007 and went to four stoke designs including some 300 HP supercharged models.

There is a question why manufacturers of 2 cycle PWC equipment did not bother with TCW3 specs and went instead to JASO FD.

Because PWC engines run hotter and harder than regular water cooled boat engines, TCW3 oil are made for regular water cooled marine applications where JASO FD could cause carbon accumulation.

Runnig a TCW3 in a PWC or air cooled engines could lead to failure due to lack of lubricity.

Note that some TCW3 are so good that they are also JASO FD. Also note that some JASO FD are so clean that they don’t really cause carbon accumulation in a low stress water cooled application.

Back