PVC valve and sensor on 2017 Hyundai Elantra

Hi,

Does the PVC valve and the MAF/MAP sensors on the 2017Hyundai Elantra require any routine maintenance and is there a internal when they should be inspected or replaced?

Thanks

I replace my PCV in a time/mileage interval. I don't wait for problems. If you have more than 5 years or 50k, replace the PCV valve.

Concerning sensors, I don't clean or inspect them until the CEL warns me about them. MAF/TB cleaning occurs when driving in a downpour and when I am idling in the local car wash.

Worry more about fluids... brake/coolant/oil/atf... intervals!

If a PVC valve clogs the normal bypass gas that gets past the pistons, can blow out a front and or back crank seal, and then the engine becomes an oil leaker. While those seals are small and cheap, they are a royal pain to get to to replace. It takes a lot of labor and time to do them. Rear seals may require removing the transmission from the engine, replacing them and of course putting them back together. And front seals may require removing several items like the radiator, and pullies and some other items on the front of the engine. PVC valves are cheap and usually easy to replace. So it makes sense to replace them before they clog.

PCV are cheap at about $5 on rockauto, BECK/ARNLEY that I bought in the past were and sealed in Kia/Hyundai bag while placed in BECK/ARNLEY box. I replace them every 30k miles.
MAP - I cleaned one on Forte but never replaced yet, have a spare thou now.

Back