Putting on cables on a Merc GLE450 is surprisingly difficult

I have a long piece of insulated 12 gauge solid copper wire in my chain kit to help feed the inside chains. Also I pre-fitted tested them and tied the extra link with a 12 gauge solid bare copper wire so it can not flap around and damage any brake hose or sensor wire.

Also, on The CR-V the chains are easier to put on because they go on the front, and turning the wheel gets part of the wheel out from the wheel well.

Probably will never use the chains. BF Goodrich Advantage T/A Sport with 3PMSF symbol on all 4 and AWD when below 25 MPH on my 2016 Honda CR-V.

I didn't get a look at the brand of cable... but the rear attachment was a hook and chain link, which was a PITA to because it was hard to see, and adding I was wearing a mask and it fogged up my glasses.

the closest thing I can find is:
Volt Passenger | Quality Chain Corp

Which the plastic hooks for the tensioner matched the color (SCC cables uses yellow plastic hooks on the tensioner)

NEVER EVER have I heard chains referred to as cable!! :oops:
then you must not get out much. or didnt look at the link in the post
Their are CABLE chains.

most common type for cars where regular chains can damage due to low clearance.

then you must not get out much. or didnt look at the link in the post
Their are CABLE chains.

most common type for cars where regular chains can damage due to low clearance.

If I am remembering correctly regular chains are not allowed in California and you have to use the cables, I may be remembering incorrectly but this from back in '02-ish driving up to Lake Tahoe for some skiing.

Don't most 4x4 SUVs have at least all-season tires?
please read chain laws.

it varies but in this case I believe its (4x4 or awd) + (all season with 3pmsf or winter tires)
lets you bypass chaining at R2

I'm not sure how many mountainous snow covered roads you have driven on but its not to be taken lightly.
conditions can vary WILDLY in just a few miles.

Back