Purolator sold to Bosch

Status
Not open for further replies.
ArvinMeritor announces sale of its' Purolator filter division to Bosch
confused.gif
:

Purolator Filters Sold

Bosch' News Release

MANN makes most of the OE filters on German cars. I think this is a plus for the Purolator brand. Oddly, most BOSCH filters sold in the US are made by Champion Labs.

"Looks like I'll be using Wix more often now..." I have been using Carquest. I don't like PurOne bc the metal in the canister is paprer thin. Thinest of any filter I have checked.

Al, I wish I had a CarQuest near by. There used to be one near my house in Katy but they went out of business after AutoZone opened up. I just woke up when I posted that. If the companies are smart, they will improve product lines.... but why mess with success?

A lot of stuff with the Bosch name isn't very good. Bosch just has such a good marketing program that they've convinced almost everyone that anything that says Bosch on it is high quality stuff. People thing that all the various items with the Bosch name are made in a high quality factory in Germany with high quality engineering, testing, and labor staffs. Not so.

I find this as the further dismantling of the American Automotive Industry, everything is global. I hope they (Bosch), keep production in the USA. Probably go to China eventually, business you know.

dunno.gif
patriot.gif

I forget, but doesn't Bosch make some pretty good filters themselves? May be a win-win partnership, especially for the consumer.

"A lot of stuff with the Bosch name isn't very good. Bosch just has such a good marketing program that they've convinced almost everyone that anything that says Bosch on it is high quality stuff. People thing that all the various items with the Bosch name are made in a high quality factory in Germany with high quality engineering, testing, and labor staffs. Not so."

Whoa, whoa, whoa there.. Bosch is a top of the line brand! In both of my GERMAN cars (BMW and MB) most of the OE components are Bosch. Why would high end companies use Bosch? Cause they make great stuff! ****, they invented the spark plug! If I had to choose between an American brand, Japanese, or Bosch.. it would be Bosch hands down.

I used to think that Bosch was the best, but now I am not so sure. I now favor NGK for spark plugs.

However, it could be worse. Just think if the Joseph Lucas organization were buying up parts manufacturers!

(You probably have to be over 40 to understand that thought)

Bosch makes good spark plugs for german cars and some good wiper blades, but oem import cars in my opinion should be ngk spark plugs. Although i like pureone filters, i have to agree with Al, those metal thing in the canister or whatever is paper thin. All other filters, ive seen are thicker, so would this be a disadvantage? Maybe so or maybe not, but those metal things are a little flimsy to me. I guess ill have to see if ima stick with the pureones.

Just did some research, and found out that Bosch doesnt seem to make bad oil filters. Top filters id consider is... pureones, mobil1, amsoil, bosch, and maybe a wix. Wix i like more in the air filtration area.

my e30 bmw came OE with ngk plugs...

mann-hummell makes great euro car filters (not just German cars either). Mann is OE on MB, but a lot of BMW stuff is mahle.

Hengst is a good third brand of German filters.

Bosch makes OE controls for many cars... Ford uses bosch a lot, if I recall correctly - a LOT of 5.0 mustang bosch stuff crosses right over to E30 BMW 3-series 6 cyl engines.

JMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back