Purolator Pure Ones's not flaky anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hermann

Site Donor 2023
Howdy all,(feeling midwestern today)

Received my 2 Purolator PL10241 Pure One's today from the Amazon sale.($5.48 for 2 after rebate) The rough coating is now very smooth and did not flake off at all. The coating is very evenly applied and the particles seem of a more uniform size than the first ones I received shortly after the blue to ucky yellow change. Made in the USA and the threads were free of debris. Much better QC IMO.

Excellent - someone must have implemented a Green Belt or Black Belt Lean Six Sigma Process Excellence project!
grin2.gif

Yeah, it seems to just be a spattered paint now instead of an added sand or whatever they used before. I installed this last filter hand tight only, and it worked fine.

Originally Posted By: Hermann

Received my 2 Purolator PL10241 Pure One's today from the Amazon sale.($5.48 for 2 after rebate) The rough coating is now very smooth and did not flake off at all.

Pull the rubber gasket out of it's groove and see how much yellow textured paint over spray is inside the groove.

Mine from Amazon.com were not flaky either. In fact, the shipping address was from KY ... so I think the Purolator factory ships them direct for Amazon. Check your shipper's address.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1557784&fpart=1

Originally Posted By: SuperBusa

Received my 2 Purolator PL10241 Pure One's today from the Amazon sale.($5.48 for 2 after rebate) The rough coating is now very smooth and did not flake off at all.

Pull the rubber gasket out of it's groove and see how much yellow textured paint over spray is inside the groove.

Mine from Amazon.com were not flaky either. In fact, the shipping address was from KY ... so I think the Purolator factory ships them direct for Amazon. Check your shipper's address.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1557784&fpart=1

I don't think they are drop shipped by Purolator, because I orderd mine with Fram Cabin air filter, and they were in the same box.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
My filters came in an Amazon box.

So did mine ... shipped from Campbellsville, KY. Guess Amazon has a warehouse there too. I'm thinking Purolator probably sends all the filters to that warehouse since they are so close in KY. The other large Amazon warehouse is in Seattle, and the didn't ship out from there.

I don't know where mine came from (the return address is KY) as the tracking number never showed anything beyond "shipping info relayed to blabla", but on the bottom of the shipping label in big letters it says Denver. No idea if that has anything to do with it.

Originally Posted By: daman
Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
You talking to me?

No the OP

Sorry, I just can't figure out the picture posting routine on this board. They want you to use places like Photobucket ect. which are just virus and spyware traps IMO.

They want you to use places like Photobucket ect. which are just virus and spyware traps IMO.

Huh??

i've been using Photobucket now for years,thats all i use to post pics on this site and others,NEVER one problem,theres no virus and spyware traps on there.

Originally Posted By: daman
They want you to use places like Photobucket ect. which are just virus and spyware traps IMO.

Huh??

i've been using Photobucket now for years,thats all i use to post pics on this site and others,NEVER one problem,theres no virus and spyware traps on there.

Everytime I use Photobucket, after I close it, some pop-up is hiding behind it on the screen. Same with Flicker and Imageshack. Just my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back