Purolator PL14610 5400 mi 2008 Civic R18 NO TEARS

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Puro Police will be extremely unhappy with you. ALL Purolators tear, don'tcha know. Zeeosix will be building up to an apoplexy.

Originally Posted By: telecat
The Puro Police will be extremely unhappy with you. ALL Purolators tear, don'tcha know. Zeeosix will be building up to an apoplexy.

This level of negativity toward this forum is unwarranted. There have been discussions of purolator tears, some of us have contacted purolator. But i have not seen members chastised that continue to use filters that they my have purchased or continue to purchase. Some of use have switched brands as i have. I like purolator but i am waiting for some Q/C to be done and stock rotated.

I hate seeing you post such negative statements about this forum. I really like this forum and there are really knowledgeable people here, i don't want them to leave. Please rethink your posts.

Statements such as puro police are unnecessary and inaccurate.

Mods , I hope i'm not over the line.

Last edited:
I'm fed up with people using anecdotal evidence as scientific method. They are mutually exclusive. No one on this forum can cite any kind of a controlled study demonstrating anything. Until I see evidence presented in the context of a controlled study, I will continue to speak out against what amounts to moronic hysteria.

I'm fed up with people using anecdotal evidence as scientific method. They are mutually exclusive. No one on this forum can cite any kind of a controlled study demonstrating anything. Until I see evidence presented in the context of a controlled study, I will continue to speak out against what amounts to moronic hysteria.

Ha. Now that's funny. Maybe Puro will post the controlled study on this site just for you when they determine the cause of the consistent and high level of failure shown on this site. Myself I took my money elsewhere until the clean up their act. But I figure I get to hate them for at least 10 years because that is what Fram haters get away with!

Originally Posted By: Nate1979

Ha. Now that's funny. Maybe Puro will post the controlled study on this site just for you when they determine the cause of the consistent and high level of failure shown on this site. Myself I took my money elsewhere until the clean up their act. But I figure I get to hate them for at least 10 years because that is what Fram haters get away with!
It's still moronic hysteria.

Originally Posted By: spasm3

This level of negativity toward this forum is unwarranted. There have been discussions of purolator tears, some of us have contacted purolator. But i have not seen members chastised that continue to use filters that they my have purchased or continue to purchase. Some of use have switched brands as i have. I like purolator but i am waiting for some Q/C to be done and stock rotated.

I hate seeing you post such negative statements about this forum. I really like this forum and there are really knowledgeable people here, i don't want them to leave. Please rethink your posts.

Statements such as puro police are unnecessary and inaccurate.

Mods , I hope i'm not over the line.

+1 What I find puzzling is why people use a product when they're aware of recent problems with it, and no one knows if the problems have been resolved or not. When I'm sure Purolator has resolved the issue and the old filters are out of the loop I might use them again. For now, I'll wait.

LOL, it's obvious from your posting attitude that you've suffered a few apoplexy episodes from reading all the "anit-Purolator" talk. Do you (or anyone) think it would be any different ... you think people are still going to rave how good Purolator's are when dozens of reported media tears have been posted on this chat board alone? If so, then there has definately been a blood shortage to the skull at some point.
wink.gif

Everyone who reads this forum knows about the Purolator tear issues ... nobody can stop a fraight train, it's pretty obvious. You can lay on the tracks, but you're gonna be ground hamberger and the train will slow down by 0.001 MPH for 1.3 seconds.
grin.gif

An obvious apoplexy victim ... I'm surprised you can still feel the keys on the keyboard.
crackmeup2.gif
At least your posts ad some humor to the forum now ... but that's about it. Keep it up, we need to keep smiling.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
At least your posts ad some humor to the forum now ...
My A&P always told me, "You can't fix dumb." I see that never changes.

LOL ... dude, when squirrels like you start nit-picking spelling and grammar, everyone knows you have absolutely nothing worth of any value to add to the discussions actually going on. Actually, every post you have done since day one has zero value. Go away troll.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
LOL ... dude, when squirrels like you start nit-picking spelling and grammar, everyone knows you have absolutely nothing worth of any value to add to the discussions actually going on. Actually, every post you have done since day one has zero value. Go away troll.
grin.gif

Force me to go away.

You're just a constant troller, and always will be - sooner or later the members and mods will get sick of it and you'll be bye-bye. I haven't read one post of yours that even contributes one iota of useful information. It's all you just about putting people down and acting like you know everything, even though you really know absolutely nothing. Others feel the same way about you ... but I'm sure you know that, and I think that's the reputation you want. Congrats, you got it.
thumbsup2.gif
grin.gif

We just spent 30k on a new CRV and i went to Advanced Auto to stock up on this filter (bought 2).

Our trade-in next generation Xterra used the same filter for about +100k miles. Don't know if we got lucky or not here i.e., no UOA.

Good to see it didn't tear. What's your next filter brand?

@INTJ, I replaced it with another P1, same filter PL14610, hoping it doesn't tear!

I chose to stick with it again mainly because of the AAP sale that includes the P1; it was either that or a Chinese undersize "consolidated" filter that I didn't want to use. Also, I like the textured grip sandpaper coating.

I just wish they'd have oil change specials that include the Purolator Synthetic, which doesn't have the tearing issue.

Anyway, it's nice to see another on-topic post in this thread! Although trolls can be fun sometimes though, and thanks to them for keeping the thread alive hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back