Purolator PL14610 5400 mi 2008 Civic R18 NO TEARS

Status
Not open for further replies.
YAY NO TEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The OCI/FCI was determined by Honda's MM.

The oil used was QSUD 5w20.

Date code from top of can is F02F27E2

14702676229_abeb65ecab_o.jpg

14886265941_ab2f8b7665_o.jpg

14702781867_054d1a7850_o.jpg

14866330716_c342515279_o.jpg

14702720518_8b1a1e2b33_o.jpg

14702715428_bd8bf3cfce_o.jpg

14886261941_b043784c91_o.jpg

14702673359_e0a7d2abb0_o.jpg

Originally Posted By: Pajamarama
Yay! I have the same filter on my Fit right now.

FYI ... however, the PL14610 is currently in the lead for number of reported tears.

Open the link to the summary Excel file in the first post of this thread:

Filter Failure Summary

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: Pajamarama
Yay! I have the same filter on my Fit right now.

FYI ... however, the PL14610 is currently in the lead for number of reported tears.

In about 8k miles, I'll let you know how mine did.

Can you please post pics of where the tears actually usually occur? It looks good in the pics, but they don't really show the common tear points very well. This looks like a fairly recent filter based on the date code... gives me hope that maybe they've improved. Probably wishful thinking.
48.gif

Nice. Rewarded for not pulling it early.

To quote member simple gifts on the another recent similar solid P1 result, you too 'won't be let into the honeycomb hideout'. As you can see.

Thanks for posting pics.

Yup, date code F02F27E2 = Feb 27, 2014.

That must be why the filter didn't tear, it was made on my birthday.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe

grin2.gif

You are 6 months old?

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts

grin2.gif

You are 6 months old?

Some may argue that.

Can you please post pics of where the tears actually usually occur? It looks good in the pics, but they don't really show the common tear points very well. This looks like a fairly recent filter based on the date code... gives me hope that maybe they've improved. Probably wishful thinking.
48.gif

I thought I got all 360 degrees around the filter! And of course, before snapping the photos, I did look at it at all angles, and I couldn't find any rips
smile.gif

Oh also, the filter was originally installed near the end of March and pulled out this morning, so it was in service for 4.5 months.

grin2.gif

No kidding! You and I are one day off.

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
48.gif

I thought I got all 360 degrees around the filter! And of course, before snapping the photos, I did look at it at all angles, and I couldn't find any rips
smile.gif

Oh also, the filter was originally installed near the end of March and pulled out this morning, so it was in service for 4.5 months.

The tearing usually occurs right where the glue meets the bottom of the pleats by the area that the media is put together. The end cap is covering the area in your pics. I believe you that you have no tears, but it would still be nice to see.
smile.gif

I'm assuming that area you mention is where the silver line is?

If it is, then I have the photos you need! Don't be concerned about the light brown wood-colored specs in the media. That's because I had already tossed in the trash and took it out of the garbage can to deliver these angles. I also rinsed it with water.

The media where they out it together still feels nice and sturdy; it didn't seem like it would've ripped in a hundred or a thousand more miles.

Anyway, I hope this answers your questions. Here are the images. One at the top and one at the bottom.

14891383672_f09accda30_b.jpg

14705127498_09ecd3ec9d_b.jpg

Perfect. Thanks! It almost looks like the pleat directly to the left of the metal crimp is slightly torn in the last pic, but it might just be other debris.

Fwiw tommy, I believed you the first time and never doubted your initial accurate observations or questioned your integrity. Extremely nice of you to go back and add pics, and rinse with water even. Completely unnecessary imo and I wouldn't have.

Again looks good and thanks for posting pics. You will be still staying out of the honeycomb hideout for this one.

sayjac, no problem, and thanks for believing me. But I had to do it because it's BITOG
crackmeup2.gif

Partially my fault for not realizing I had forgotten to shoot where the tears re known to occur.

Hopefully the new P1 doesn't tear!

Looks good! This makes me feel better about the Pureones Im running now.

Originally Posted By: ammolab
I just pulled a Classic off my CR-V that went 10,000 or so.

You guys want me to open that one up I guess?

Heck yes! Cut that bad boy open!

Originally Posted By: ammolab
I just pulled a Classic off my CR-V that went 10,000 or so.

You guys want me to open that one up I guess?

Oh yeah! We'd love to see it! Cross your fingers
48.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back