Purolator L14610

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that's how a Purolator filter should look!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: SlipperyPete
Is this a recent production filter? If so and we keep seeing results like this, I'll be back to Purolator next spring.
Fayetteville plant, May 17, 2013 production line E 2nd shift.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
In the last pic, it looks like the pleat to the right of the seam has a small tear... am I seeing things?
I looked closely at the filter and didn't see any tears. Its off my sons truck, he comes over and raids my oil and filter stash....he leaves with a free oil change and a full stomach.The last two pics are duplicates, got a little confuzed uploading here.

Very nice indeed Larry. And when you say no tears, I trust it's no tears. Human eye direct observation is better/more reliable than photos posted. That said, I don't see any tears in the photos either.

Obviously you are not afraid of running a Classic if you are running it on a 2013 vehicle. 3500 no torture test, but based on what I see, I'm thinking 5k miles is easily doable. Also thinking a clean engine.

Fwiw, over the years I've probably posted as many PL14610 and AAP Total Grips (very similar to Classic) as anyone (likely more) and never had a tear. All fcis 5k+.

Thanks for the pics.

Originally Posted By: larry007
Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
In the last pic, it looks like the pleat to the right of the seam has a small tear... am I seeing things?
I looked closely at the filter and didn't see any tears. Its off my sons truck, he comes over and raids my oil and filter stash....he leaves with a free oil change and a full stomach.The last two pics are duplicates, got a little confuzed uploading here.

That's good to hear.
thumbsup2.gif
It's probably just the angle or the lighting playing tricks on my eye.
smile.gif

007, do you know when the filter was purchased?
I use the same filter on my Altima and after cutting them open, they have looked similar! My filters were purchased between 1 & 2 years ago!

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
But its only got 3500 miles.
They're not extended drain filters! Want a longer interval, buy a different filter, rated for whatever insane OCI/OFI you're looking for. You're trying to get 10K intervals for $3. Doesn't work that way.

Originally Posted By: telecat
They're not extended drain filters! Want a longer interval, buy a different filter, rated for whatever insane OCI/OFI you're looking for. You're trying to get 10K intervals for $3. Doesn't work that way.
The filter has to be good for the recommended drain interval, even if its 10 or 15K.

Originally Posted By: telecat

Incorrect.

I think customers are expected to do the math and buy according to their OCI. Classic, P1, and Synthetic. Fram is the most dummy proof since they give the numbers. It's nice knowing they can be stretched so far, but in the event of a failure, I doubt any company would back their product since it wasn't used correctly.

I wouldn't trust the nitrile ADBV alone much passed 5000.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back