Purolator Boss-Safe to use

I have a Purolator Boss oil filter#PBL14615 with a date code of F12L18E1.Was this filter manufactured before Purolator redesigned the filter media/baseplate?The reason I ask is because I have a Purolator PureOne and the baseplate looks flare verses concave on the Boss.Thnks
i

I have a Purolator Boss oil filter#PBL14615 with a date code of F12L18E1.Was this filter manufactured before Purolator redesigned the filter media/baseplate?The reason I ask is because I have a Purolator PureOne and the baseplate looks flare verses concave on the Boss.Thnks
i
as long as everything looks good why not use it?

Considering the filter is vertical down screwing on your subaru and it's known to leak oil down i wouldn't use it because of probable dry starts. If it was a vertical up screwing filter like on my vehicles then it wouldn't be an issue. Mazda roki filters don't have adbv's. No need if they're vertical up screwing.

The topic PBL 14615 is a small Puro application oil filter using round inlet holes. As such the design of the adbv central part does NOT rest on holes which is what causes indentions or cuts on come Puro adbvs. I've used many similar design 14160 applications, never any issue with adbvs. So based on that experience, I would ignore comments about adbv slits for topic application.

Linked is an anecdote of topic filter which links to post use pics. Looks good and confirms no issue with adbv. Two ocis to 12k miles on a Subaru. I'd run topic filter with confidence.

The topic PBL 14615 is a small Puro application oil filter using round inlet holes. As such the design of the adbv central part does NOT rest on holes which is what causes indentions or cuts on come Puro adbvs. I've used many similar design 14160 applications, never any issue with adbvs. So based on that experience, I would ignore comments about adbv slits for topic application.

Linked is an anecdote of topic filter which links to post use pics. Looks good and confirms no issue with adbv. Two ocis to 12k miles on a Subaru. I'd run topic filter with confidence.

You’re likely correct, pretty much all the cut ADBVs have been oval hole Mann made.

Back