8359798.jpg

Louvers...
3qafhk.jpg

ADBV
a9acbe7b509b583aec6ed6775d765271dcd7e0f7f734445dd02a10efb0afd88a.jpg

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
Originally Posted By: WellOiled
It seems the cuts would hold the oil back fine as they are not open, just cut and still pressing together. No more leakage than at the lip of the adbv pressing on the metal base. Don't see how the little burs caused the cuts.

goodtimes - cut one open, run your finger over those holes and report back.
lol.gif

Don't need to, already done that many times. I have seen as bad burs on other brands. My point is how high are the burs, .010"-.020" at most? How does .020" cut through .125" or whatever, of rubber, clean as a knife? Maybe an explanation of how that works will support the claim. The other part is the cuts are closed, they aren't leaking oil if they are closed, any more than the lip. The ADBV doesn't seal on the holes, it seals on its edge, the lip.

I think the area where the ADBV gets cut is also pinched and compressed tight up against about half of the sharp hole. That's the only way the sharp burr around the hole can cut so deeply into the rubber.

If it hurts the performance or not, it's still boils down to sloppy manufacturing because there shouldn't be any sharp edges left behind to put cuts of any kind into the ADBV.

Originally Posted By: WellOiled
It seems the cuts would hold the oil back fine as they are not open, just cut and still pressing together. No more leakage than at the lip of the adbv pressing on the metal base. Don't see how the little burs caused the cuts.

goodtimes - cut one open, run your finger over those holes and report back.
lol.gif

Don't need to, already done that many times. I have seen as bad burs on other brands. My point is how high are the burs, .010"-.020" at most? How does .020" cut through .125" or whatever, of rubber, clean as a knife? Maybe an explanation of how that works will support the claim. The other part is the cuts are closed, they aren't leaking oil if they are closed, any more than the lip. The ADBV doesn't seal on the holes, it seals on its edge, the lip.

goodtimes - I'm sorry you've had that happen.

On the next oil change I am going to attempt measuring the amount of drain back (difference between condition #1 and condition #2 below). I'm not sure how much success I will have with that. It is a lot of messing around trying to capture the oil when removing the filter etc.

These are boundary conditions of interest:
Condition #1 - Galleries and filter full of oil.
Condition #2 - Galleries empty and filter full of oil.
Condition #3 - Galleries empty and filter empty of oil.

Sad to see, a company that used to be so good just a few years ago is now one of the worst in the industry. Amazing how things can change virtually overnight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back