Purolator Boss PBL15607

I've had good luck with this filter on the N54 135i. Made in Germany with the same end caps as the OEM Mann filter. I like the reinforced filter material. If they start making one for the M3 than I'd use it too. Currently using it with Royal purple HPS 5W30 and risoline nano prime. Thanks for viewing.

Attachments

• 20210731_104908.jpg
    20210731_104908.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 51
  • 20210731_104935.jpg
    20210731_104935.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 51
  • 20210731_104938.jpg
    20210731_104938.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 51
I'm sure they are good, since they are made by Mann in Germany. But the price at AAP is a bit high.

I've always had good luck with the Mahle OX387D, even in long intervals (15k to 20k miles), that I haven't used too many other brands.

I'm sure they are good, since they are made by Mann in Germany. But the price at AAP is a bit high.

I've always had good luck with the Mahle OX387D, even in long intervals (15k to 20k miles), that I haven't used too many other brands.
I buy it with the advanced auto speed perks and coupon codes. So I get it for cheap enough to be worth it. I only buy from AAP online or with the app so I can use discount codes.

Nice, looks like a well made Mann cartridge with Boss media. What's difference in price between it and the Mann oem cartridge?
Substantial. I paid like $17 for it including $5 off and a 25% discount. Apply those same discounts to a MANN filter and you pay like $6. I'm basically paying for the reinforced filter media which I'm ok with.

I wanted to try the fram Ultra or Titanium filter but I've seen issues with the Black Fram endcaps. Now I see Fram removed the metal backing?

Last edited:
I wanted to try the fram Ultra or Titanium filter but I've seen issues with the Black Fram endcaps. Now I see Fram removed the metal backing?
Especially with BMWs posted here it seemed there were some fitment type issues with the Ultra cartridges. I'd stick with OEM or OEM made like the topic.

No telling when the cartridges will show up with the new element, I imagine they don't move as fast as spin on. But, they will change too.

The newer Fram Ultra, and probably all of the Titanium, for this application are made in South Korea and have white media. They are actually made well and don’t come apart, unlike the older ones with red media and made in USA.

^^^^Interesting. So that makes them like the XG cartridges for the Jeep 3.6L engines. Not wired backed.

Have to see what if anything First Brands does with those.

Back