Puro Classic L14476 cut open - nothing to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just cut open a Puro Classic L14476. It was installed November of 2013, and removed yesterday. Date code on the can F11D06E1.

Seam in the media was crimped with a metal strip. But there was nothing to see, so no pictures.

I've cut open one filter each of three different Purolator filters stock numbers (1-PL25288, 1-QS3614, and this one), each has been fine.

Quote:
It was installed November of 2013, and removed yesterday. Date code on the can F11D06E1.

Made Nov 6, 2012. Are you "stock piling"?
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: Darwin1138
Without a picture none of that is true.

Originally Posted By: Carl Sagan
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Carl Sagen! Miss him so much. =(

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Quote:
It was installed November of 2013, and removed yesterday. Date code on the can F11D06E1.

Made Nov 6, 2012. Are you "stock piling"?
grin.gif

No. Apparently my local Advance store is. I put it on the same day that I bought it.

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
No Tears now that is a little odd ?

lol...

I'm 0-3 and I'm glad.

How about some pics anyway so we can see what they are supposed to look like. Most of what we see are are the torn ones.

Just cut open a PL20195 that I pulled out after 2500 miles.
No issues whatsoever. Glued seam and very tight pleat spacing compared to the failed ones I have seen. I was ready to ditch another one and a Bosch in my stash but I really feel confident in that filter.
I also saw almost no dirt in the filter so it makes me feel good about the motor as well.

I took pics but can't post from my iPad. Really nothing to see.

F12A30C2 date code. New PP5W30 in the 2.7l Tacoma for about 2 months for those keeping score.

Originally Posted By: svhanc
F12A30C2 date code.

Old one ... Dec 30, 2009.

I must have missed the Honeycomb Hideout deal or it didn't make an impression but I get the point. Pretty funny too. s_g has rather a dry sense of humor. After googling, the 'urban dictionary' has a whole different take make's it even funnier.

As for the OP, I'd say no news is good news. But perhaps in this case recently here, some news is good news too.
56.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back