Purflux LS 928 A. Information Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm about to do the oil change on my Maserati, and this is the filter used for it. It costs almost $100, so I'm very curious to know just what the heck this thing is. Also would like to know if I can find some reasonable alternatives for the post-warranty period. Right now, I'll stick with their highway robbery, but no good reason to after the warranty is out (assuming I still have this car).

Only thing I have learned about it so far is that when you buy them, you will find oil in them due to being pressure tested at the factory.
confused2.gif

Purflux filters are high quality About 22 years ago the Cat dealers would have them cut open at the parts dept to view. Using a non Maserati oil filter reduces the power output by 62.334565%
banana2.gif
Seem using a cross reference for Fram, Wix. Mann and Baldwin was unfruitful.

That LS 928 A part number might be hard to find. I'd talk to https://www.wpdusa.com/ who imports Purflux in a lot of other WS XXX part numbers, and see if they can't get one for somewhere south of $1 million like Maserati dealers want for it. Could be some other good importers of Purflux here too.

See if the thread diameter appears on the base plate of the filter, and measure the inner and outer diameters of the gasket. Then we can go from there
smile.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleWasp
I'm about to do the oil change on my Maserati, and this is the filter used for it. It costs almost $100, so I'm very curious to know just what the heck this thing is.
Please cut & post it!

Last edited:
I will totally cut and post. I did happen to notice the cross reference to the HiFi filter, but the HiFi filter has some very unusual specs. It doesn't seem to line up with what an engine oil filter would be, unless it were for some kind of large diesel engine. It is possible that the high flow oil system of my Ferrari based engine does in fact you such a specification, but there is no way to confirm at all until I get the engine oil filter off. At that point I want to just change the oil and be done. I might just have to learn about this filter after removal, and not before.

I did also notice that the HiFi filter happens to line up with a man 920 / 9 filter. But again, I have no idea how reliable the cross reference is. It looks like I can get a man 9:20 / 9 locally, so I will probably just pick one up and compare it to the factory filter once I have removed it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back