pureones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: sciphi
They're a fine filter. Use it with confidence!
+1
01.gif

They have a tendancy to burst around the seam with the base with no apparent warning, leaving all your oil on the side of the highway and almost guaranteeing that your engine will be starved for oil and sieze.

Kidding. They're one of the best filters at any cost, and when value is considered they're probably the best or perhaps second to the Napa Golds, in my opinion.

Not to rain on your parade but I had one seeped through a seam over 7500 miles. The outside was barely wet, but soaked the label half off.

Did not think twice and threw another one on. Never seen another issue.

Great filter! I use them on my boat. I would probably use them exclusively except that local auto stores keep running oil specials where they bundle other brands with oil purchases.

Originally Posted By: Jonny Z
Not to rain on your parade but I had one seeped through a seam over 7500 miles. The outside was barely wet, but soaked the label half off.

Through the metal seam, or through the sealing gasket at the top? I have had filters (motorcraft) weep through the sealing gasket the top. Not enough to drip off the can, but enough to make it about half way down (white can, easy to spot).

Originally Posted By: pzev
Originally Posted By: Jonny Z

Through the metal seam, or through the sealing gasket at the top? I have had filters (motorcraft) weep through the sealing gasket the top. Not enough to drip off the can, but enough to make it about half way down (white can, easy to spot).

Metal seam I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back