Pure Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Pure Power Lubricants been discussed here?

Is it ok to post there website so folks can check it out and see what there deal is? or is that against board naz....err rules?

Does anyone see a pattern here or am I being paranoid?

Such as: Advertise to Racing or Performance crowds, while inferring your product is at least good enough for racing, so then the implication is, "Why shouldn't you be using it in your daily driver? "

If it's good enough for an "X" racing team then it must be good enough for your engine.
rolleyes.gif

All I can tell you about them is that they license a blending plant here in Bolivia. The API has already made them take off most of their false claims for the products (energy conserving II SAE 40 SJ) when they aren't even registered. They still use a starburst with different words in it to indicate that it is approved, but since they don't use it exactly as is, nothing can be done to force them to remove it. The products made here are cheap, but evaporate, loose viscosity, and in general are used by people who want cheap, cheap.

wow, this is such a bunch of B.S
Pure Power ! does not do anything in bolivia,it's
made in Huntington Beach,CA. and is raced by teams all over the U.S and mostly by troops in the military. The only X racer is Pure Power !
family friend Big Daddy Garlitts, that ran it on his car.

Don't you mean Sodium Hypochlorite?!? Oh wait, that's bleach. Yummie in my engine crankcase....'till it quits a few minutes later from corrosion gunk!!

I saw this stuff sold at Autobacs in Stanton (Huntington Beach) a few years back, still have one of their pamphlets at home...."not a synthetic oil" and thier explaination on why NOT to use a synthetic is on the back.....I will dig it up out of my "oil pamphlet bookcase" :)

-JamesW

What is this @#$@. The price for this is mindblogging. Acoording to website thought this is the best thing to happen to motor oil since additives where added to oil.

...from wideman

quote:

All I can tell you about them is that they license a blending plant here in Bolivia. The API has already made them take off most of their false claims for the products (energy conserving II SAE 40 SJ) when they aren't even registered. They still use a starburst with different words in it to indicate that it is approved, but since they don't use it exactly as is, nothing can be done to force them to remove it. The products made here are cheap, but evaporate, loose viscosity, and in general are used by people who want cheap, cheap.

Can you quote a source or do you just throw rocks and anyone? We're talking PurePower in Hunington Beach, California. That was really a cheap shot. I do know that they have a tribologist on staff and I'll bet he'd be ****ed off if he read your statement. This thread should be closed if you're going to reduce it to malicious mud slinging. If you have some facts, lets hear from you.

Easy, Larry! This may just be the info that he has heard, being in Bolivia, "that they license a blending plant here in Bolivia". For all we know, he may have an "inside scoop". Just ask him to elaborate-- your statement came across much more agressively than his-- although you are a lot closer to me than he is (Poway vs Bolivia), may have lost something over a couple thousand miles :p Everybody relax.

-JamesW

Guys, be aware that it's common for older threads to be re-cycled, and it's a good idea to pay attention to the posting dates!
tongue.gif

Even though PurePower is currently listed as an API Licensee for 2005, Widman's comments from 2003 may indeed be accurate for the South American market.

Widman still posts here, & has contributed since the early days of the forum.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back