Pure plus oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read a couple threads on the new pennzoil stuff, but are there any oil analyses yet on them or are they still too new? Are they better than the other synthetics for any reason?

If there have been analyses please link me to them. I'd love to see it.

^^^Only because GTL base stocked oils were supposed to be the saviors of said low NOACK cravers.
wink.gif

Oh I see. So they were hoping that it would match up to the old PU? But instead it had a higher NOACK?

Any oil analysis used or virgin? I tried searching but couldn't really find anything on it.

I havent seen voa saying pureplus,but its easy to miss ,since pennzoil had the bright idea to use similar name .hopefully futur voa about pureplus will mention its pureplus variant

Besides a higher NOACK (more volatility) in most (not all) of the new Pure Plus stuff, I have not seen any advantage.

Yeah its cool its born of nat gas. Commercials attractive. So what? What does it do for the engine?

Originally Posted By: yvon_la
I havent seen voa saying pureplus,but its easy to miss ,since pennzoil had the bright idea to use similar name .hopefully futur voa about pureplus will mention its pureplus variant

I'm sorry, I am referring to the Pennzoil with Pure Plus technology. I'm just wondering if there is anything different about the oil except how it's made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back