Pure One Color?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every one knows that if you want the "best" you buy gold...

More "marketing"
37.gif

And the read sad thing is since they changed colors, the buying public prob has bought more of them....

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Having the gold "grip xxx.." come off in your hands and end up on the gasket is also a bonus...

That is a "feature".

For all we know the blue metallic pigment cost more than the gold after adding the grip stuff costs.

"Hey, boss! We can still charge the same if we dump the blue and go with some other color ..even gold is cheaper. We get the grip stuff for nuttin' "

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Why can't they coat the very end of Purolator oil filters the same way Fram does ?
+1 Was thinking the same thing! That said, while the color bites, to be repetitive, I like the texture for tightening.

I really noticed the difference recently, when I put on and took off an AAP Total Grip, and tried to do the same with a Puro PP replacement. My hand was slipping all over the Puro when I tried to tighten by hand with nitrile gloves. I know some will, and have said, that's what a wrench is for. But, I can get enough torque by hand with texture and don't have worry about the stinking wrench/filter cap stuck on the filter. But, that's just me and it's really not a biggie either way. For me, it's just a matter of convenience

Love the grip surface but the metallic blue was a nice touch. A close match to my indigo blue Silverado.

The PureOne color change weighed on my psyche when I decided to purchased Bosch Premiums on sale (2/$10) at AutoZone last March.

Great filter [censored] color. They could have just as easily added the texture to the blue color they were using.

Just curious......

How many of you are walking through a parking lot and see ANYONES oil filter and says to yourself, man that is an ugly oil filter. No one, cause you can't see them unless you have a show car. I like the color, even though I don't use them, for low light filter changes, makes it easier to see the filter under a car that is somewhat dark. Plus, they changed the grip paint, and it doesn't come off anymore. I did see how the old gold grip paint came off even in the box, now that is not the case. It is a little less textured, but much nicer, I would use one now.

Last edited:
IIRC, Purolator developed the grippy surface first.
It didn't make a impact marketing wise back then so they dropped it.
Fram tried their version of it as it worked more recently.

Originally Posted By: breeves
What idiot decided that changing the color of a Pure One from blue to a puke yellow color would sell more filters? What is the world coming to?

I think they changed the color/texture quite a while ago - well over a year, maybe more.
wink.gif

They roll them down an alley where they alternately pick up bum's vomit and road grit. A monkey stationed at the far end puts them in boxes. Very efficient! JK!

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but who really cares what colour it is. It does a dirty job and gets thrown out and it's not visible or a "piece of art" in any way on the car so does it matter that it's puke-yellow?

smirk2.gif

I use PureOne filters on one of my vehicles. I took off my first mustard yellow filter a couple of months ago and realized I probably over-torqued it even by hand tightening it. I was getting nervous trying to loosen it (got the wrench out finally). The can is so flimsy that I almost crushed it trying to loosen it by hand. Be careful tightening these out there!

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I dunno, maybe it's just me, but who really cares what colour it is. It does a dirty job and gets thrown out and it's not visible or a "piece of art" in any way on the car so does it matter that it's puke-yellow?

smirk2.gif

Exactly. Its the what's inside that counts.

Originally Posted By: INDYMAC
I use PureOne filters on one of my vehicles. I took off my first mustard yellow filter a couple of months ago and realized I probably over-torqued it even by hand tightening it. I was getting nervous trying to loosen it (got the wrench out finally). The can is so flimsy that I almost crushed it trying to loosen it by hand. Be careful tightening these out there!

I took one off yesterday and it felt rock solid. Maybe because it is a small filter....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back