Pure One Color?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stopped using them after they changed the color. I'm using the AA Total Grips now. You have to admit that the metallic blue was a very nice.

Does anyone give a rat's arse what color a filter is?!?? Or oil?

I mean, REALLY!!!

33.gif

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum

I mean, REALLY!!!

33.gif

Not I. I'm currently running one of the paint-chip-filled ugly yellow Pure One filters on my '00 GTI. No worries here.
happy2.gif

Originally Posted By: wavinwayne

I mean, REALLY!!!

33.gif

Not I. I'm currently running one of the paint-chip-filled ugly yellow Pure One filters on my '00 GTI. No worries here.
happy2.gif

I had to stop and think what's on my little fleet (obviously not at the forefront of my worries). Wife's PT has a gold PureOne. Jeep and '69 R/T have blue PureOnes (old stock). '66 Polara has a black Wix (NAPA Gold, I think).

The oil in all of them is brown. All the headlights are white and turn-signals are yellow- I don't get all excited about messing with the color of *those* either...
smirk2.gif

I mean, REALLY!!!

33.gif

I do. I'd buy a RP filter just because it's a nice purple color with a nice filtering media and I'd buy a K&N for the clean white look and the funky nut.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wannafbody
I'd buy a RP filter just because it's a nice purple color

Hey, they should market them to ricers who have purple headlights!

I had to stop and think what's on my little fleet (obviously not at the forefront of my worries). Wife's PT has a gold PureOne. Jeep and '69 R/T have blue PureOnes (old stock). '66 Polara has a black Wix (NAPA Gold, I think).

The oil in all of them is brown. All the headlights are white and turn-signals are yellow- I don't get all excited about messing with the color of *those* either...
smirk2.gif

I just had a vision of how badly the Purolator Putrid Yellow would clash with a Hemi Orange engine.
37.gif

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
the N.I.H principle.

Actually, I would bet that Honeywell copyrighted or patented or whatever the legal step is called to only coat the end of a Fram filter. Coating the entire filter with grippy stuff is a way around this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back