purchase Pennzoil Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where is a source of Pennzoil Platinum European 5W30? One local dealer never heard of it and another said he could not order it. I can't even find a web source to buy it. I'm in central Missouri.
Thanks

I assume you will have to mail order it from Europe and pay excessive shipping fees. Last year I wanted to get some of the European Maxlife because they had a 15w40, but I never tried to get it.

Well, I have good news and I have bad news.

We were notified this week that they are starting to package the Platium European 5W30, the only problem is they are only going to put it in 55 gallons drums at this time.
mad.gif
pat.gif

I believe there is a company branch office located where you are and they could get you the Quaker State European Formula 5W30 if you wanted that. It's called Q European Formula 5W30. If not you can send me a PM and I can have someone from that area contact you.

Thanks for the information-55 gal is a little too much. I guess the parts places weren't that far from wrong. I'll look for the QS European product.

quote:

Originally posted by Johnny:
Well, I have good news and I have bad news.

We were notified this week that they are starting to package the Platium European 5W30, the only problem is they are only going to put it in 55 gallons drums at this time.
mad.gif
pat.gif

I believe there is a company branch office located where you are and they could get you the Quaker State European Formula 5W30 if you wanted that. It's called Q European Formula 5W30. If not you can send me a PM and I can have someone from that area contact you.

Of course I don't understand.
mad.gif

I have high hopes to see this in a plastic jug in the future.

Their just isn't enough demand for high end oils in the US. I don't know anyone other then a friend of mine that actually cares what oil goes into his car. As long as it's changed, people are happy. That is the reality of it all.

Bryanccfshr: I feel your pain. Believe me I do.

Robert R. Wilson: The 5W20, 5W30, and 10W30 are available in quarts at this time. The ad was correct. It's the European Formula 5W30 that is not in quarts at this time.

Buster: You are correct.

Johnny, is Pennz/Shell using EOP base oils technology in these oils ?

Terry: Depends on who you talk to. If you call the tech hotline they probably won't tell you anything. Some of the tech folks say it's Group III+ with some PAO and Esters. I did talk with one of the chemist (you know, the guys in the white coats that you can't get to) and he told me that the Hybrid 0W20 we are coming out with for Honda and the 5W20 does use EOP technology. So you guess is as good as mine. You want me to send you some of the 5W20. I am running it in my Ford and my son's new Honda.

I would love to see the EOP based 0w-20 or 5w-20 in action. I am high on the EOP derived base oils. Sure !

For the reader;

These are fluids derived from olefin monomers, usually ethylene,propylene,butene,and copolyermized to build a synthetic fluid similar to PAO.

EOP = Ethylene-alpha-Olefin-Polymer.

A high performance but lower cost to produce tailored syn base stock.

The oxidation stability of these fluids is impressive in PDSC testing. Comparable to PAO's and exceeding Group III bases.

Terry

I saw some Castrol Syntec in Autozone today that was made in Belgum it is 5w40 and by what I read on the front of the bottle it is specifically intended for Volkswagon and other european brand of cars and their oil needs, check it out.

Molakule , how chemically close will the EOP be to the ZOIL tested PMCEO'S ?

We may have a NON green, source here.

shocked.gif

Terry

If you are talking about the Pennzoil Platinum 5W-20, I will run some in my Mazda 6s and have a UOA done, compared to Motorcraft 5W-20.

Only thing I don't like about the Platinum (I'm being very picky here
grin.gif
) is the Noak numbers.

13% for the 5w-20
8% for the 10w-30 (Good)
10% for the 5w-30.

I guess thats not too bad but the 5w-20 is high. I'd rather have the thinner viscosity have a lower Noak being your more likely to burn the 20wt oil.

Johnny,
Are they packaging the Platinum 5w-40 Euro yet?
If so, what sizes?
I want to try a couple of intervals of it in my Jag XKR which holds 8 1/2 quarts, so gallon jugs would be ideal.

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
Only thing I don't like about the Platinum (I'm being very picky here
grin.gif
) is the Noak numbers.

13% for the 5w-20
8% for the 10w-30 (Good)
10% for the 5w-30.

I guess thats not too bad but the 5w-20 is high. I'd rather have the thinner viscosity have a lower Noak being your more likely to burn the 20wt oil.

Is this higher Noack number not consistant with all PCMO's? The lower viscosity base oil the higher the noack #? That is when Comparing like kinds of base oils, group to group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back