PUP SP

I am here to discuss PUP oil. this is what the thread is for, so I am ignoring demagoguery.

I am here to discuss PUP oil. this is what the thread is for, so I am ignoring demagoguery.
What demagoguery would that be? I and others didn't state anything that was emotional, political, passionate, or prejudiced. I only stated facts as to the history of our blue sphere called Earth.

PUP is great oil. Though, as another has mentioned, what sets it apart from plain old PP, or other premium branded oil for that matter? Why is it rare as hens' teeth? IDK.

I'll avoid this 'Green' BS til it proves better than a full synthetic, full SAPS, full Ca., and sells for -$2.50 A/R.

I did, waiting to hear wholesale price difference between the two oils, which I am sure will not be publicly shared.
And the second part of my question about GF-6 for PUP made in sep 2020?
GF-6 date stamp on lower part aug 2020. Purchased last month at Canadian Tire for 30cad.

Attachments

• 20201124_203136.jpg
    20201124_203136.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 44
GF-6 date stamp on lower part aug 2020. Purchased last month at Canadian Tire for 30cad.

You got Canadian label, different plant making it I suppose. Given the response I got from Pennzoil, it looks like PUP oils were all ready by May 1st, 2020 for GF-6/SP. Its common for premium oils to be ahead of current specs, so when new specs are released they are already compliant with them without making any changes to formulation.
They are trying to use old labels first. Maybe thats why we are seeing big sale on Amazon/Walmart for $20, they trying to get rid of the old labeled bottles.

Last edited:
You got Canadian label, different plant making it I suppose. Given the response I got from Pennzoil, it looks like PUP oils were all ready by May 1st, 2020 for GF-6/SP. Its common for premium oils to be ahead of current specs, so when new specs are released they are already compliant with them without making any changes to formulation.
They are trying to use old labels first. Maybe thats why we are seeing big sale on Amazon/Walmart for $20, they trying to get rid of the old labeled bottles.
My last batch from Amazon was from March 2020... maybe this time next year I’ll see my first SP PUP come in.

So tolian21, you're new here? There was another poster that was pretty deeply invested in the supposed controversy on this oil, maybe check out his posts in those threads.
Could you point me to those threads or at least to that other poster as I too am interested in the differences between PP and PUP and the 'Search' feature leaves a lot to be desired?

Per the back of the bottle, carbon neutral means Pennzoil is offsetting the carbon emissions related to the lifecycle of the product with "Nature Based Carbon Credits". Per Shell's website, "Nature-based solutions, or natural climate solutions, are projects which protect, transform or restore land. In this way, nature absorbs more CO2 emissions from the atmosphere." An example would be a forestry project / reforestation

https://www.shell.com/energy-and-innovation/new-energies/nature-based-solutions.html
Forestry plantings and projects -- supporting general conservation of old -- are great ways to be a responsible corporation that gives back to us all. I'm all for this effort.

It's certainly a valid selling-point in my book.

Last edited:
Back