Pumpkin patch Oct 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously no homegrown pumpkins this year, but that didn't stop us! Sorry for the jpg choppiness - the pictures started sharp, but resizing and compressing made them lousy. Of course bald spot is optional.

-
 -
 -
 -

The JPG was focusing on all those viney stalks. Smooth dimpled cheeks are "simpler" to the algorithm so it aggravates things.

For the web, shoot with your camera in high res then photoshop in a softening filter on the background. Then the JPG algorithm will leave your human features alone.

If you resample instead of resize that reduces the stair-steppiness.

-

This is a quick hack but I've added some "fog" to bring the attention to the center of the picture. In the old days with film SLRs and fast F/1.4 lenses one could shoot wide open for the same effect but digital cameras these days don't have as much glass.
frown.gif

Nice Pictures.. Man I remember when our family picked Pumpkins... man those were the days. Good memories. You have a very nice looking family.

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
 -

My favorite is this one of you and your daughter...you are obviously a lot taller than she is...and you should have smiled...

Great looking family Paolo (Italian is OK, too, Si?)

By the way, that's not GC I see on your oil rag is it?...boy would that be a scoop if the Amsoil man was a closet GC afficianado...the way your straw hat is pulled down over your face, it looks like you are hiding something...is there something you need to tell us...hm-m-m-m-m?
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back