Psychiatry and GC

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a some time lurker and recent member I noticed some comments about this site being a potential "retirement" source for psychiatrists. As a practicing psychiatrist (30+ years) I have a few observations:
1-Most of us don't take hopeless cases willing, and people with obsessions are extremely difficult. Meds are only partially helpful and talking therapy is only partially successful as they are stubborn, rigid, and frugal (cheap).
2-There is cult-like status to the forum, arcane knowledge, secret words (an entire list of acronyms for Bitogers), and maybe deprogramming might be a better treatment.
3-To get help, patients have to be unhappy with their lives, and you folks are clearly having way too much fun with your obsession.
4-The old doctor rule of thumb "if you aren't smoking or drinking more than me, what's the problem?" is in play here as I've developed a mild case and went shopping this AM to 3 of the local 7 AZ stores in my area and scored 17 M04 bottles of the green, and found 12 of the 0507 in another store, one bottle of which had the seal broken!! I drive Volvos (I know, I know, what other car would a shrink drive?) but I at least didn't come home and immediately drain my M-1 10-30 with 2100 miles to try out the new green, so I don't think I'm over the edge yet.
I enjoy the site, have learned a lot, and have Pscholte's 211 stash of green in my sites.
Regards-Bill (Tongue firmly planted in cheek)
PS: to Pscholte-Guten Tag und Danke Schoen to you for the spice you add to this site. Bill
worshippy.gif

I must have been hit hard with this GC Green infection. I've been infected less than two weeks, have a stash of 68 qts of good green stuff, and YES I did drop 200 mile old M1 0w40 from my A4 after receiving my 4800 mile M1 0w40 UOA and replaced it with GC green! I went over the edge really fast!
spaz.gif

But hey at least I saved the M1 to use in my 240k+ mile pick-um-up truck.
grin.gif

Eureka!!! I just figured it out. Castrol quietly took the green color out of the oil because they really are a benevolent corporate good citizen looking out for the welfare of their customers before anything else. They could see how much havoc this whole "green oil" thing was wreaking on all of us and our minds, and they said to themselves, "gee, we'd better put a stop to this madness before someone gets hurt. . ."
wink.gif
tongue.gif
cheers.gif

As a shrink-in-training, I can admit that the "slight" obsession present on this board is quite amusing yet also very addicting. I whole-heartedly agree with rule #4. Problem? What problem?

Now toked, you as a physician should realize that such things are always much more complex than they might look at first blush. Of course, from my perspective, under Rule #4, there's no problem at all. Now, on the other hand, talk to my wife, and you'll get another story altogether. . .
wink.gif
tongue.gif
cheers.gif

Next Phase of the GC Green Illness: My wife and I went to dinner Saturday night. We had a nice meal. The waiter brought the check. I looked at the total. My immediate thought was D**N! I could have bought 7 qts of GC green for that!
shocked.gif

Here in Los Angeles, AZ's are EVERYWHERE.
shocked.gif

And, and, and, when I drive my truck I have a plot map with all the AZ's listed ready for every direction I'm gunna go... Little ones and big ones!

I'm Ok
shocked.gif

Bowser

quote:

Next Phase of the GC Green Illness: My wife and I went to dinner Saturday night. We had a nice meal. The waiter brought the check. I looked at the total. My immediate thought was D**N! I could have bought 7 qts of GC green for that!

a_g,

You will be fully immersed when you are out to dinner and you get a gorgeous Caesar Salad and you think, "Man I wish I had some GC to put on this!" (Warning: for salads, only The Green will do.)

...and I am proud of you...even though you did post a UOA for M-Mo-Mo-...I'm sorry I just can't bring myself to say it...
wink.gif

Before noon today while driving on the way to lunch from business, I had a mild but sudden Green Itch attack, when an AZ care facility happens to be nearby...

Upon entering, the AZ EMT administered some 10 946ml bottles of GC M04s to relieve my condition.
wink.gif

Thereafter, I was immediately discharged when they assesed that my prognosis from Green Itch would be good..
grin.gif

[ November 22, 2005, 12:13 AM: Message edited by: vwoom ]

Had another relapse today.
grin.gif

9 GC bottles took care of that though(a combi dose of 5 M0501, 2 M0428 & 2 M024s)..
wink.gif

But seriously, today was a very productive day hunting for GC(one AZ store stop only). I redeemed the $20 gift cert and applied it to the purchase. They also gave me that freebie collector Hotwheels to boot.

All in all, it only cost me $14.55($1.62/qt) total. "Kewl!" I said as I walked out of the store..but seems like something ain't right on the CC charge.

When I arrived home, I double checked...the receipt only shows 8 pcs charged!
confused.gif

So not only did I get the freebie collector Hotwheels and saved $20 in the process..but also a freebie bottle of GC as well.
dunno.gif

255qts to date..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back