Props to Tufline products

JTK

My FIL handed me a broken part off his ~25+ year old tow behind garden/landscape rake some weeks back to see if I could fix it. It's an adjustment arm with some welded and threaded bits on it. It was mangled and I couldn't do anything with it.

As a last ditch effort I had him send me a pic of the make/model # of the unit. I found their website and parts diagrams. They still make this particular model and support parts for it, all in the US.

I got in contact with their awesome customer service in Columbus MS and they're going to send me a new "adjusting pivot bracket weldment" for a whopping $21.02 all-in.

About 12 days went by and I didn't get a shipping notification or charge on my card yet. I contacted them again. They apologized for the delay. They've got to make me the part! I don't have it in hand yet, but I'm impressed regardless.

Just the fact that you were able to call and talk to a real person is very hopeful and to be able to do it 2x already has them ahead most. It may take them longer but I think you will get the part, otherwise they would have just blown you off and said NLA.

My FIL handed me a broken part off his ~25+ year old tow behind garden/landscape rake some weeks back to see if I could fix it. It's an adjustment arm with some welded and threaded bits on it. It was mangled and I couldn't do anything with it.

As a last ditch effort I had him send me a pic of the make/model # of the unit. I found their website and parts diagrams. They still make this particular model and support parts for it, all in the US.

I got in contact with their awesome customer service in Columbus MS and they're going to send me a new "adjusting pivot bracket weldment" for a whopping $21.02 all-in.

About 12 days went by and I didn't get a shipping notification or charge on my card yet. I contacted them again. They apologized for the delay. They've got to make me the part! I don't have it in hand yet, but I'm impressed regardless.
Columbus MS! What a coincidence. Stationed here at the AF base. A small corner of the world to be sure.

Reactions: JTK
The part finally arrived today. The one that originally shipped 6/28 somehow got lost in transit by UPS. Tuffline built me another one and sent it. About 1 month from start to finish. The new normal I suppose.

It's just a piece of tube steel welded to a large bolt. The part is larger than it looks in this pic. The weld looks like bird poop and it's not centered, but it works!

x2DLMT8l.jpg

Back