Project: Festiva rally car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my ford festiva. i bought it the other day for $200. i am in the process of gutting it down to bare chassis, and then building it up with a g25-r protege transmission with lsd mated to a 200 horsepower rotary 13b engine.

the cars curb weight is 1730lbs, it weighs 1550 after gutting it.

think of this, i will have a better power to weight ratio than a viper or mclaren f1 when this ford festiva is finished.

i am going to use this car to compete in a scca series of 10 races this year in the offroad rallycross compitition. you can see the track we race at www.rallyrebels.com

pictures of my festiva progress are here http://s87170394.onlinehome.us/gallery/projfestiva

and my new kumho rallycross tyres are here

http://s87170394.onlinehome.us/gallery/album24

well its my dads jack really
tongue.gif

That 1960's bumper jack is actually a "high-lift" jack. They are great, when used correctly. You'll find them in fire trucks as rescue equipment all the time.

My grandmohter used to have a couple of these Festivas (only one at a time). She really like them. One was a cool looking little car with aluminum wheels and neat stripes down the side. I always wanted to try to get some more zing out of the engine, thinking "this could be a fun little car if it had some power". I had a buddy with a big garage and he used to do laps inside his garage with his GF's Festiva. Talk about fun! It was like an overgrown go-cart.

And to think, when the Kia was introduced into the US, we all thought it was something new. They had been building Fetivas for years.

[ February 14, 2005, 08:24 PM: Message edited by: medic ]

does anyone know of a host that i can upload my video to? i video taped me blowing the festiva engine. its 15 minutes of wide open throttle action with no oil and half way through the video explodes off in a mushroom clowd 30 feet high.

the engine keeps going and going and going, but its like around 50mb in size so i need a good host for it.

I got smashed in the face by one of those jack-alls when switching from up to down. I'm lucky to be alive and even luckier that the POS didn't cave in my face! Anyway, I would like to see the video. My website doesn't have that kind of space unfortunately. You should be able to post it to a newsgroup but it will go away after a few weeks. alt.binaries.movies.divx is an example but the content wouldn't really appropriate.

Steve

maybe you could put it on kazaa.

Call it cryptokidscarblowingup.mpg and we'll all go looking for it. Hope you have cable internet.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by cryptokid:
does anyone know of a host that i can upload my video to? i video taped me blowing the festiva engine. its 15 minutes of wide open throttle action with no oil and half way through the video explodes off in a mushroom clowd 30 feet high.

the engine keeps going and going and going, but its like around 50mb in size so i need a good host for it.

That thing went that long with no oil!
Man we do obscess way too much over oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back