Project Farms: Is “High Mileage” Motor Oil Safe? Let’s find out! Mobil 1 vs Mobil 1 High Mileage; SuperTech vs STHM

Status
Not open for further replies.
PF should stick with unsophisticated tests like glueing things together and placing weights on them.
Lubricant tests, testing labs, and harmonizing agencies = $multimillion sectors …

I don’t know what it is but it’s always the same people that get triggered when someone posts a Project Farm video. I think his videos are fun and entertaining. No need to take it so seriously.

View attachment 128219
I don't think it's so much being triggered as it is, as always, how folks write things online. Instead of "While these videos are entertaining, the testing methodologies are not relevent to how the oil actually works in your engine which is why there are specific test for that and why you shouldn't place weight on these for ranking motor oil performance."....but what we usually get is "I can't believe people post this here (on an oil site..ahhaha) and his tests are stupid and he should stick to XYZ tests"....or something along those lines and then the threads get locked.

#$%#%.....looks like I'm switching to M1 for my 2 vehicles that I use ST/STHM in.

Most of YouTube is inaccurate content. I watched a guy tell me my Vikings are a clinch to get to the Superbowl. As a fan, I know this is highly unlikely.
Dont feel bad I am a Cleveland Browns fan so that tells you how my years has gone...but they did win today in OT...

thats your opinion...If you can do better then do it....
Not sure if I follow. If it is clearly wrong information, I can live without it. What’s the value?

Most of YouTube is inaccurate content. I watched a guy tell me my Vikings are a clinch to get to the Superbowl. As a fan, I know this is highly unlikely.
Not disagreeing. But this is a situation where there are industry standard tests for evaluating the factors in dispute.

Reactions: 4WD
Not sure if I follow. If it is clearly wrong information, I can live without it. What’s the value?

Not disagreeing. But this is a situation where there are industry standard tests for evaluating the factors in dispute.
Is that like burning a ADBV...... :ROFLMAO:

The Blackstone reports for these oils lead me to wonder why some people here are so against HM oils. I've had people in recent days basically say that HM oils are pointless or stupid. I don't know, to me an extra bit of anti-wear, a little extra seal conditioning action, and some increased dispersants doesn't sound like a bad deal. They're the same price and you basically get a more stout additive pack for no trade off. Why NOT use HM oils?

You must be fun to party with. You would be telling me my beer doesn't conform to industry standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back