Project Farm... Torque Wrench Test

Wish he would have tested split beam style.. I love my precision instruments torque wrench... just watch the dial cap.. spring loaded thumbnail pain inducer.
FYI its currently $300+(3rd party seller) I paid around $150 and $150-$175 was common pricing for years.
Amazon has it available for 160 if you select under sellers.. (seems broken right now should auto select the amazon as lowest price)

He's just being respectful of our time.

I agree. Too many You Tube guys like to hear themselves talk. If you filtered out all of the meaningless crap they talk about in their videos, most would be less than half as long. The absolute worst is that firearms guy, "Nut-N-Fancy". That guy takes a half hour to evaluate a zipper on a gun case.

This guy keeps it all on point. And you don't really have to listen that intently, because the graphs he displays after each test, tells you most everything you need to know.

I was impressed aswell.

I have Beta torque wrenches, didn't see anything here trhat really resembled them, though the Wera comes close. Sykes-picavet seems to be the same as the Beta though
Some of the Wera, Beta and Facom models are/were made by Norbar, the one he had was made in Taiwan. AFAIK the Sykes-Pickavant ones are still Norbar.
His review is not bad but a lot of common brands were not tested, I would have liked to see a $10 HF in that group as well as one from Precision and CDI. I wouldn't expect one from Stahlwille, Hazet or Norbar and a few others as they are not all that common in the USA.

My Dad has a similar Kobalt, so that was interesting to see. The Craftsman wrench is on sale for $50 right now if anyone needs a last minute present

I thought PF's testing regimen was pretty well thought out. I would not have had the patience to click every torque wrench 1,000 times.

The icon did surprisingly well.

They almost certainly counterfeited some other quality design. We know that third world manufacturers can make quality products if they set the spec and requirements right. So for the money, I guess its to be expected. But you can buy a US made split beam Precision torque wrench for $180. So why would I buy the Icon?

Back