Product Review: EBC Double-H Sintered Pads Fitted to KTM 1190 Adventure R 0 Comment

KTM-1190-1024x768.jpg

blue-line-border1.jpg

High-performing friction material fitted to rear of all-terrain motorcycle to improve with pedal feel​

blue-line-border1.jpg

Nigel Yeatman purchased this 2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R motorcycle around a year ago to fulfil his road and occasional off-road rides around the UK.
Ever since collecting this impressive machine, however, he’s noticed a distinct lack of feel coming from the rear brake pedal.
He soon opted to swap out the rear brake pads for EBC’s Double-H Sintered items. These are a market-leading product for high-powered motorcycles that offer unrivalled stopping performance whilst retaining impressive longevity and low disc wear.
Nigel explains below in his own words how opting for EBC Brakes products managed to single-handedly eradicate this issue completely.

“When I bought the bike, the rear brake pedal just felt completely dead with no feel. I use my rear brake during low-speed manoeuvres, so having a nice feel at the pedal is important to me.
“Although there was plenty of life in the pads fitted, I decided to change to EBC’s Double-H Sintered pads. They are a well-known brand that I have confidence in. To say the transformation was remarkable is an understatement. Suddenly, I have the feel and performance that I expected from my bike.
“I have just bought the same pads for the front brakes, which I will be fitting this week. I am hoping for a similar improvement in feel and performance as I found when I fitted the rears.”

been using their HH pads on several bikes front brakes BUT use lower friction ones on the rear EBC as well. put their stuff on my 11 frontier SV + very pleased too, especially the NON chinese rotors!!

Back