Product for noisy rear bushings 99 firebird

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for a good product to use on a friends 99 firebird. His rear panhard bar and lower control arms are squeeking constantly. The car has relatively low mileage, but sat for a time. I was considering graphite, although I have not seen any avialable products that contain this in an aresol? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
I agree, some silicone spray should do the trick. Coat everything well then bounce the car up & down and side to side. Spray a little more on them and then go drive around. This will move the bushing around so that the spray can penetrate. The noises might not go away right then. If they don't, give it a few days of normal driving and see if they stop.

Sounds good. Yeah I originally thought about silicone but was a bit paranoid about it collecting dust. I also found some graphite in an aresol which might be worth a whirl!
cool.gif
Thanks for the ideas gents!

Originally Posted By: AzFireGuy79
I am looking for a good product to use on a friends 99 firebird. His rear panhard bar and lower control arms are squeeking constantly. The car has relatively low mileage, but sat for a time. I was considering graphite, although I have not seen any avialable products that contain this in an aresol? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
A good stereo?
LOL.gif

You could use a penetrating fluid that is know for fattening up that kind of material.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back