Procharged LS

My question is about running 5w20 oil with a procharged LS, or, should I be running synthetic oil because of more heat from the blower

more info! where do you live-climate how + where do you drive!!! prolly a 5-10 W 30 synthetic

You are increasing hp and tq, but are also raising stress loads on the engine. You should use good stout oil and change it more frequently. Also make sure you pin the crank properly.

First off is this the self contained procharger kit or the other one that requires engine oil?

This is a very pertinent question here...

Tracking the car.... I'd say Mobil 1 0w40. Porsche A40 approved... That's a Tough test.

Everyday running... A Dexos approval full synthetic 5w30.

This is a very pertinent question here...

Tracking the car.... I'd say Mobil 1 0w40. Porsche A40 approved... That's a Tough test.

Everyday running... A Dexos approval full synthetic 5w30.

Even then we need to define what everyday running is. I had a self contained novi 1500 on my z06 and 5w30 did not hold up well (per UOA) and it was street driven but driven hard.

Maybe at least a euro 5w30 not an SN Plus 5w30.

Even then we need to define what everyday running is. I had a self contained novi 1500 on my z06 and 5w30 did not hold up well (per UOA) and it was street driven but driven hard.

I'm running 10w30 Schaeffer's

For the combo I'm running in the mustang, I've got the older gear-driven Vortech supercharger that gets fed engine oil from an oil line tapped into the oil pan.

What 5w30 ?

Was it Dexos approved ?

I can see where a Porsche C30 5w30 oil would be a very good option.

People are replying to your question but you're nowhere to be found. Strange. Why would you do that?

That is actually one reason why I don't spend much time in this part of the forums anymore. People don't provide enough information or they just post and never follow up with their issue or application.

Back