problems with one headlight fogging inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is about 2003 Corolla. No problems before this, this is a new thing and only in one headlight.

I removed all bulbs and dried it very well inside by blowing hair dryer into one of bulb holes. There are no cracks or holes that I can see and the rubber gaskets on bulbs are in good shape and installed correctly. I even used silicon grease to increase sealing at the gaskets when reinserting the bulbs.

It was great for a full day and I washed the car and dried it in a shade and no water leaks and no fog inside.

I congratulated myself for the easy fix only to find the next morning fog inside again. The nights are chilly now and there is condensation on the car when you keep it outdoor overnight.

What is going on? How does it go inside the headlights? Anyone please?

Isn't this backwards? Usually there is a vent hole to allow venting to prevent condensation. Sealing it PROMOTES condensation if you have moisture-laden air trapped inside.

FWIW, i remember having a car once where some condensation in the headlamps was "normal". It always went away when the headlamps were turned on; the heat evaporated the condensation. Maybe your vent hole is plugged?

just a thought. on the off chance that there is a very slight hole or crack in plastic, clean and then wax it and polish it. probably makes no difference, but effort and cost is minima.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back