PROBLEM!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a new Ipod "classic" on the advice of two friends. This is instead of installing a disc changer on my boat.

Problem being, my computer will not open the Ipod download file. Get message saying need a new updated driver. While I can converse here, and have started managing my business on another dedicated computer, I am all but computer illiterate. Seem to get suggestions from Microsoft site that I need service pack 2 update, this seems to be more of a spyware-intrusion guard.

Can anyone give me relatively simple solution so I can start using this high dollar toy?

Best,

Bob

Originally Posted By: tom slick
you should update with service pack 2 and service pack 3 after that.

At least SP2 nowadays, or else there are so many backdoor virus or trojan can easily gets in.

Also check Ipod website for any software you might need to download such as I-Tunes. Make sure you have latest version of Windows Media Player from the Microsoft site.

Last edited:
Bob, I got a great 8-track for sale.....

I'll toss in the Guy Lombardo tapes to seal the deal.
thumbsup2.gif

. no viruses or updates required.

Last edited:

I thought that SP3 contained all previous updates, (SP1,SP2).
No??

Yes, SP3 includes all of the updates from SP1 and SP2. You could install SP3 over a non SP version and be up to date.

Originally Posted By: PandaBear

At least SP2 nowadays, or else there are so many backdoor virus or trojan can easily gets in.

So, will SP2, or 3 actually get me the driver I need for Ipod? Have been using a spy and antivirus program from Webroot that seems to keep all the boogers out.

Please overlook my ignorance! While I occasionally snip at some of your automotive querries (the site in general), believe me there's a lot more I let slide
grin2.gif
!

Bob

Originally Posted By: alreadygone
Originally Posted By: PandaBear

So, will SP2, or 3 actually get me the driver I need for Ipod? Have been using a spy and antivirus program from Webroot that seems to keep all the boogers out.

Please overlook my ignorance! While I occasionally snip at some of your automotive querries (the site in general), believe me there's a lot more I let slide
grin2.gif
!

Bob

No, the service packs do not give you IPod drivers. You should download the iTunes packages from Apple to get that.

Originally Posted By: punisher
ITunes requires some components installed in SP2. Not drivers per se, but net framework updates etc.

.NET framework (1.1, 2.0 and now 3.0) are separate components; though 2 and 3 are now considered "one" product. I concur that in order for some software to function, at least SP2 must be installed however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back