Problem with tires!!!😔

You definitely are driving on some garbage truck route type of roads. I catch a nail or screw about once a year in all of my vehicles and it's equivalent to about 30,000 to 40,000 miles combined with my wife's Jeep. There have been several years with zero tire repairs.
We have road construction all over my area but I don't think they use screws to put roads and bridges so I don't get it. It's never been this bad except for the last couple years when all this started.

We have road construction all over my area but I don't think they use screws to put roads and bridges so I don't get it. It's never been this bad except for the last couple years when all this started.
Same problem here - too much new construction, too many contractors with crap jumping out of their truck at every bump, and they all drive like crazy. Wife's car and my truck - same problem even though they drive very different roads, unless were picking everything up in our neighborhood which is possible. We get likely a couple or 3 nails a year between the two of us.

Discount certificate is the way to go .......my wife is a curb killer

But seriously for most of my trucks that run wrangler Kevlar tires when they get a nail in the no fix zone a 30 new certificate gets you a new tire

True but I am thinking maybe some of those trailers and trucks worked on other projects the day or week before and are just carrying hitch-hiker screws etc. They pull up to the dump and whatever doesn't easily unload they just leave it instead of sweeping it out with a broom or blower.

I used to live in a suburb outside of DC. There was a ton of construction everywhere, and nails were a thing. I recall selling one car I had well-used with at least 5 diy patches in a single tire, and 3-4 in another. Had 60k on the tires with 2/3 tread remaining and they rolled razor straight and true. But, it was also a small, stick shift vehicle where you could feel everything - when something was off, you could tell. I wouldn’t do it in the cars I have today. They hide too much. Those were, I think, early bridgestone turanzas, mid-late 90s, perhaps one of the best tire/car combos I’ve had. 205/60-15 on outback alloys on a AWD 5MT 2.2 wagon. Quirky car, but I ran the fool out of that thing and it never missed a beat… just lost oil and power as it aged.

get a big, really big, magnet and attach to front of the car, let it dangle 1-1.5 inches above the road and collect those pesky nails before they get the tires.
Yep I'd be searching for a set of magnetic truck nuts to hang out, bwahahaha...

So I guess I'm out the $400 now since someone signed for these tires that wasn't me even though they misspelled my own name.

I moved out of the storage place I kept the trailer at. Only gotten one screw so far. In like 5 months.

Road hazard is a waste. It's basically equal to one tire anyway. Plus they pro rate it if the tire isn't good. One time I picked a nail in the sidewall like 3 days after having a tire installed and I got a new $180 tire for like $30
What so let me understand this you bought a new tire for 180 dollars and three days later you need a new one because of a road hazard. They prorated a three day old tire? Is that what i am understanding? Because i have never had to pay extra for a road hazard that prorated a tire after three days of use. Nor did i ever pay to have a patch put on my tire.

What so let me understand this you bought a new tire for 180 dollars and three days later you need a new one because of a road hazard. They prorated a three day old tire? Is that what i am understanding? Because i have never had to pay extra for a road hazard that prorated a tire after three days of use. Nor did i ever pay to have a patch put on my tire.
They charge you the tax on the $180 plus the mount and balance again.

I didn't have the road hazard. I think he just bought the certificate for that tire. Idk. I didn't ask and was thankful he didn't say sorry man you're sol.

That doesn't make sense though. They still have to charge sales tax even though they're giving you the tire? Maybe they're charging the tax that they paid for tire.

I just bought new tires from Tire Rack, 2 year Road Hazard included, went to DT to get them installed and they asked if I wanted to get certificates on each tire, I am thinking $200 to cover them for one more year? No thanks. I've never had to use the certificates in my driving life.

Back