Problem with tires!!!😔

I guess my luck with tires ran out. I used to pickup a screw like once a year or two. It's like a monthly deal now and the screw is always in a spot that can't be repaired. Luckily I found a guy that will fix it because the chain stores are getting pretty picky nowadays. I know on my last set on the truck I had like 5 screws in every tire. Just picked up a screw the other day and had to put the spare on and yep you guessed it I found another one in another tire that was just replaced a couple months ago.

I guess my luck with tires ran out. I used to pickup a screw like once a year or two. It's like a monthly deal now and the screw is always in a spot that can't be repaired. Luckily I found a guy that will fix it because the chain stores are getting pretty picky nowadays. I know on my last set on the truck I had like 5 screws in every tire. Just picked up a screw the other day and had to put the spare on and yep you guessed it I found another one in another tire that was just replaced a couple months ago.
So is it safe to fix? OR are you just fixing it anyway?

It stinks but if you get road hazard warranty with the tires, they should fix them for free or replace them. I know it's a hasle. My daughter ran over a huge nail, can't fix the tire and it only has 1,200 miles on it.

get a big, really big, magnet and attach to front of the car, let it dangle 1-1.5 inches above the road and collect those pesky nails before they get the tires.
That’s exactly how the yard switchers at work picked up nails, screws etc.

Road hazard is a waste. It's basically equal to one tire anyway. Plus they pro rate it if the tire isn't good. One time I picked a nail in the sidewall like 3 days after having a tire installed and I got a new $180 tire for like $30

I paid for road hazard for my son. Lots of construction near him. He got like 5 free patches before one got too close to the tire. So the 6th nail meant new tire. They covered the $180 tire, and then he paid a new road hazard fee to protect it. Not a waste, it paid for itself, for his situation. otoh, I’ve had it on our cars and have had entire sets wear out never having used it. Mileage varies?

Get your tires from Discount Tire, pay the $20 per tire certificate. They will replace for free if they can't fix

Get your tires from Discount Tire, pay the $20 per tire certificate. They will replace for free if they can't fix
Discount tire certificates cost are based on the original cost of the tire, and if they actually need to replace the tire you have to buy a new certificate, and certificates expire in 3 years. I love discount tire, I have bought the certificates, but I still wonder if there actually worth it - I am guessing likely not unless your in an area where your likely to destroy more than 1 tire every 3 years.

like insurance, all the 'covered tires' help pay for the ones that atually go 'bad'.
Choose nother route if destroying tires, park in a different spot, etc. Get the ones
that dont go flat, figure Y U get so many (wasnt happening earlier) etc. Nothing changes till you do...

Discount tire certificates cost are based on the original cost of the tire, and if they actually need to replace the tire you have to buy a new certificate, and certificates expire in 3 years. I love discount tire, I have bought the certificates, but I still wonder if there actually worth it - I am guessing likely not unless your in an area where your likely to destroy more than 1 tire every 3 years.
True, but based off the frequency this is happening to OP it would be way better off not paying full price over and over again. But like chrlsful said, maybe he just needs to stop parking outside the nail factory or something

Check the fine print on those road hazard policies. Things like they only last 3 years really turn me off.
with DT the 3 years is ridiculous should be 6 years. but I usually hold out and purchase them for less than 10$ a tire.
actually worked out well when I razor bladed a toyo AT with 3000 miles on it.

Costco is 5 years Probably moving my tire business to them.. Sorta fed up with DT taking 3 tries and scratching wheels.. after 16 sets from DT.
All passenger, performance and light truck tires sold through Costco Wholesale are covered by a 5-year Road Hazard Warranty protecting customers against tread wear damage and tire failure. Costco Wholesale will repair or replace tires damaged during standard legal vehicle operation.

You definitely are driving on some garbage truck route type of roads. I catch a nail or screw about once a year in all of my vehicles and it's equivalent to about 30,000 to 40,000 miles combined with my wife's Jeep. There have been several years with zero tire repairs.

Back