Pro-Tec 107

jagdriver727

Site Donor 2021
Just got a few of these from RA and this build is Purolator... code is '120919DG'

Fits GM 3.8L V6

Likely the same as a red can... a good buy for less than $1.50. Will run these with confidence and when/if any return I will send them to @53' Stude for dissection.

IMG_1110.jpg
IMG_1112.jpg
IMG_1111.jpg
IMG_1113.jpg

What I find amusing is the Wix support line on what is obviously a Purolator product. Guess they had to use up the old packaging.
IMG_1115.jpg

Maybe it's made for WIX, but it does not have a Purolator date code.

Maybe it's made for WIX, but it does not have a Purolator date code.
That's a puzzler. It has a purolator style base plate and center tube. Who knows what's going on with Purolator after Mann took over, their production and QC has been all over the place.

Can you see the bypass valve down the center tube? Plastic or metal - possible to get a photo?

Just got a few of these from RA and this build is Purolator... code is '120919DG'

Fits GM 3.8L V6

Likely the same as a red can... a good buy for less than $1.50. Will run these with confidence and when/if any return I will send them to @53' Stude for dissection.

View attachment 47138View attachment 47139View attachment 47140View attachment 47141

What I find amusing is the Wix support line on what is obviously a Purolator product. Guess they had to use up the old packaging.
View attachment 47142
Nice filter for the price.

Wix and Purolator both owned by Mann/Hummel could be a logistics thing? I saw somewhere else two napa filters with identical part numbers, one a wix and one a purolator. I guess if one has a preference, online ordering might not be the way going forward?

Back