Printer needed

It's in the app store for free from your device.

There's lots more great laser printers out there, not just Canon. Hopefully others will chime in.
I have a Canon Laser Image Class MF445dw, same story as you, got tired of the dried out or clogged ink cartridges.
Laser jet printers are so reliable, more so if rarely used, there is no ink to dry up. Its been a couple years now, still have the same toner (ink) cartridge.
Print from any device.
I would suggest to the OP to go with a laser jet or anyone who rarely prints is a must. Laser printers are now so inexpensive that there really is no reason for inkjet except for specialized applications.

Reactions: JTK
It's in the app store for free from your device.

There's lots more great laser printers out there, not just Canon. Hopefully others will chime in.

I don't any printer manufacturer considers them to be an "app" per se, although some packages might contain something like scanner software. But most manufactuers would call their software package "drivers" as they don't really operate on their own, but patch into the operating system's printing features.

I've had all sorts of things fail over the years, but I don't think I've paid more than $150 for a multifunction center in years. My first Brother MFC was maybe $300, but that was about 20 years ago when they were a lot more expensive. That one was a bit different in that Brother had a separate toner refill that twisted on to the drum unit. The starter toner was supposed to provide a few hundred pages (not rated for 1500 like the retail cartridges) but the drum unit was supposed to be a full unit rated for maybe 20,000 lifetime pages. However, my drum unit failed early and I bought a replacement for more than $100.

I've had various Canon multi-function centers since then. They might not last forever, like one where I yanked out the USB cable incorrectly and it just ripped out the port. I could get it to work more or less, but eventually the pins bent and I couldn't get it to work. I guess someone handy with a soldering iron might have been able to solder in a new port, but it wasn't worth it. I got my $150 worth out of it over about 8 years.

It was frustrating when one bombed on me. It had all the bells and whistles for a light duty one, including Wi-Fi, which is way more convenient than having to hook up to USB. I paid maybe $120 plus tax for a new one as Staples 110% price matched Amazon. But before the warranty was up, the printer internals just borked on me. It will just go click, click and then stop while registering an error. Canon was pretty good about it, but said they'd have to replace it with a newer version since mine was out of production. Even said I didn't have to ship it back to them, as I sent in video of it in the error condition. My only problem was that I couldn't find the receipt or even a copy of it. Lesson learned - make a copy of all receipts just in case. But I don't attribute my problem to anything more than bad luck.

Still - I like the Canon ImageClass MF2XXdw series, even if one did fail on me. But it helps to look for a better price. They all work pretty much the same other than perhaps slightly faster printing speed or higher monthly print ratings. But few users are going to print 2000 per month at home.

Reactions: JTK
Back